PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
I was drawn to the book you were reading. When expanding the photo to look closer, it appears that each image has a size dimension - width and length?
I’m intrigued. Does the book illustrate art or ancient artifacts, tapestry… From China?
This is a book of pictures of famous seals of all dynasties in China, from prehistoric times to modern times.
These seals are made of various materials, such as metal, ivory, wood, stone, jade, etc., and contain names, authorizations of government officials, mottoes or poems.
I am currently learning this art which requires mastery of calligraphy and carving techniques. If you like knives, you should know an American knife maker named al mar. His logo is a small seal with his Chinese name engraved on it.

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
I've always feared the bowls may be too small though I've never seen a Falcon in the flesh, only online. I don't really like anything shorter than a 30-minute smoke so that has held me back from pulling the trigger a few times. Also, how hot does the stem get?
The stems are not actually hot, just slightly warm, so don't worry. Falcon has a kind of very deep bowl, but the caliber is not large.

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Just checked the price of this cover, 5 for 10 euros. I hope they don't sell you too expensive.
I once bought a similar brass protective case. I underestimated the thickness of the cover. It weighs 63 grams, so it has never really been used.View attachment 200520
Thank you for the feedback Isaac, I like your "robust" cover.
The charging for 3 pieces was total (incl. transport and taxes):EUR 15.74.

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
@craig61a I went to the Sealed Knot re-enactment a couple of weeks ago:)
It felt like I'd gone back in time when I had a pint and a clay with one of the re-enactors in the beer garden (without a police box or a DeLorean) especially with the church bells in the background:)
I was smoking GH brown twist in my Old Dominion Jamestown clay and drinking a pint of Robinson's Unicorn out of my pewter tankard.
Thank you @halfdan for the link to this event, the pictures were fantastic, such realism. Also learned some history on the English civil war, very intriguing. Definitely will be reading up on the enactments and the history of your country. The differing elements from this forum is really fun. C4129196-365D-43EB-AEE4-6D31F9639197.jpeg My friends having fun like you.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Thank you @halfdan for the link to this event, the pictures were fantastic, such realism. Also learned some history on the English civil war, very intriguing. Definitely will be reading up on the enactments and the history of your country. The differing elements from this forum is really fun. View attachment 200567 My friends having fun like you.
@Backwoods Briar Glad you enjoyed the photos. I wasn't actually taking part but I'd like to get into living history re-enactment. A couple of "Condor Moment" pics from Nantwich:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. My left foot has not healed yet, but I tested it out, anyway.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.