PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a quarter of a bowl left of Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a 1979 smooth straight dark brown Loewe Army 910 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Fed two ferals, did a load of dishes, worked on four estate pipes, and I finally get to sit down and do nothing for a change.

Loewe910_Army_MMount.jpg

Mar 1, 2014
Saturday I smoked my pair of Ropp Geant pipes (total height is almost 2.5"), one of them being fresh from Smokingpipes.com and freshly drilled for an open draw of course, I'm actually glad I got the duplicate this time as the first one couldn't be drilled quite as I prefer due to the factory stem having an off kilter draft hole.
First a half bowl (air pocket pack) of Frog Morton's Cellar, then a fairly full bowl of Kendal Kentucky blended with Full Virginia Flake.
4D92A546-B1A1-4313-ABE5-E5A40C535C1D.jpeg

Tonight it was a Chacom Churchwarden and Brebbia Jumbo Pot.
First in the Chacom some of my home blend C&D Byzantium mixed 50/50 with Newminster No.403, and topped with Blackstrap Rum.
Thus stuff tasted like some kind of berries on the charring light, surely it wasn't just the Rum that did it but man this stuff was good.
Next the Brebbia was loaded with a blend of Sutliff Chocolate Mousse and GH Dark Bird's Eye (still tastes chocolatey and burns very well).

03D66DCC-D7FE-4549-AA36-18108F53E4CE.jpeg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Hi guys, good to be back on the forum after a month or however long it’s been. I hope you have all been well and behaving yourselves.

I’m smoking one of my latest acquisitions, a London made Kaywoodie Flame Grain, Extra Large Billiard, I wish the light was good enough for a decent picture because the grain is incredible and I don’t think the pipe was smoked more than a half dozen times. Anyhoo, I’m having this Edgeworth RR from a very old tin, I believe it’s 1960’s (if anyone can accurately date it I’d appreciate it) and I rehydrated a portion of it a couple of days ago and it’s smoking beautifully.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.