PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Hi guys, good to be back on the forum after a month or however long it’s been. I hope you have all been well and behaving yourselves.

I’m smoking one of my latest acquisitions, a London made Kaywoodie Flame Grain, Extra Large Billiard, I wish the light was good enough for a decent picture because the grain is incredible and I don’t think the pipe was smoked more than a half dozen times. Anyhoo, I’m having this Edgeworth RR from a very old tin, I believe it’s 1960’s (if anyone can accurately date it I’d appreciate it) and I rehydrated a portion of it a couple of days ago and it’s smoking beautifully.
View attachment 127084
Happy to see you again. Welcome to the forum again, Sir.

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
So glad you’re smoking the stuff. I noticed it was a gift from a friend earlier on, and wondered if it would collect dust on a shelf…good for you & hope you enjoy every bit. ?☕
@Simmerdown☕️ Thanks mate ? aye it’s very mellow and enjoyable. I can see why it was such a popular blend. I’ll be sure to reuse the empty tin.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
@telescopes: Isn't that one of those rare 'Lee Pipes' I've been reading about? :col:
Yes it is. Here is another

5620C5C4-FAD2-497C-95A3-30FB9A46460A.jpeg
Although our famous Hillbilly attorney places them equal to 1930s Kaywoodie pipes, they are not equal in my experience. However @Briar Lee is correct instating they are indeed quality pipes. At least when referring to the ones with gold filled stars. I find they make good “reach for” pipes when simply wanting a nice smoke and not wanting to worry about messing with my better pipes because I am simply indecisive at the moment. These two required a lot of cleaning and I eventually had to send them out for a professional redo. Now, they do as advertised. They are easy to reclock and that is a plus and the stars look cool. I have one unsmoked one that is a latter build. It came with the box and the outside quality is noticeably lacking. You have a good eye. When I return from Morocco, I am ordering some more Condor. That tobacco will be used with my Lees.

Status
Not open for further replies.