PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I had a rummage in one of my bottle cupboards yesterday and was delighted to find a forgotten bottle of Jack Daniel's Rye Whiskey :)

This is probably my last of the 43% JD rye but I do have at least one bottle of JD Single Barrel Rye left in there which I'm saving for a special occasion whenever that happens to be :rolleyes:

With just a dash of chilled water, it's a great way to watch the late news before hitting the sack.

rye.jpg

Regards,

Jay.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
A run of the mill Argentine vino tinto....love it!! 👍

20221020-212610.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I finished a bottle of Lagavulin 8, I like it better than the 16. Lately testing Deanston 12, and Virgin Oak. I guess depending on how the palate is in the middle of the day, or at night, I do not know, but I find the 12 years with an aftertaste of burnt plastic, or that characteristic smell of cloves. And the virgin oak is a bit sweeter, fresher and younger, the flavor is intense and long. But I really like them both. Both have a very tasty taste, intense and long, with that aftertaste of green apples. And on top, they do not put coloring, so the color is the original whisky.