PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Pastrytown Version 2 Imperial Double Stout conditioned on Colombian Coffee, cacao nibs, hazelnuts, vanilla and cinnamon, 15.5%.

View attachment 176784

We caught some vermin! Never saw blood like this from a mousetrap before!

View attachment 176785

Charcuterie!

View attachment 176787
Damn, you prepared that mouse-meat platter fast! :LOL:

Good on you for not letting a bout of late night rodenticide put a damper on what looks like some fine festivities. I know I wouldn't fare that well--I'm far too neurotic and OCD, and I'd probably knock over a full bottle of wine just trying to reset the trap... :poop:

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Correction 1: Jägermeister
Correction 2: Other Half Bad Desisions brewed with Cloudwater Brew Co. Aged in Willett bourbon barrels for a year and conditioned on coconut, cacao nibs, cinnamon and ancho peppers, 13 % (we aren’t friends with the folks at Cloudwater—I copy and pasted the description from Other Half’s website).

Reactions: JOHN72

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
An amber ale I brewed up for my wife & I to enjoy on our 7th anniversary. We dubbed it Avanursey Amber(cuz that how you talk after a couple). Goes great with C & D Burley #1.

• Love
Reactions: TheIronMonkey
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Went to the Wooden Match in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania for the monthly Lehigh Valley Pipe Club meeting earlier tonight. Had a Singlecut Bon Bob 2xTNT DDH IIPA, Imperial/Double IPA, 8% and a Brü Daddy's Brewing Company, Sour, Pastry Fiend: Key Lime Pie, 7.3% (the out of focus shot).

IMG_20221025_195007.jpg

IMG_20221025_221320.jpg

• Love

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Latvian brewer Hopalaa Double Dry Hopped Double Indian Pale Ale where some just would call it DDHDIPA. They claim to be one of the best IPA makers, so I was curious about this brewery, while Double Hopped IPA is also my jam. The DIPA part seems gimmick to me, I'm not about the hazy color of it and I see no other function to it taste wise, but it's not color I'm drinking but beer, so let's go.

Amazing flavourbomb, first it's very citrusy where you would think it's generic IPA, but mixed with a oatmeal mouthfeel comes in, it is brewed with oats so that's no surprise, but it holds that citrus quite long. Then it tickles the mouth with a bit of spice like you would have with retroing a VaPer without the stewed fruit (that would make it really good), where grapefruit peel creeps in and mixes with the spice, very complex. It's pretty linear, but it is that way from opening the can to the last sip it, no need for opening up, no drop of flavor while I savour it. No beer for while mowing the lawn, but a beer to sit down with. I wouldn't pair this to anything, the complexity will not be ruined, you'll ruin the pairing to it.

It's unseasonably warm out here and this tickles my fancy more than it should be during this times of year.

Did they live up to their claim? For me the verdict is out, but this is one of the most special DDH beers I've had. I've had their normal IPA and it was good, but not mind blowing. If you can get this brand in any way, do it. I've got a sampler from a beer subscription and I'm going to enjoy it a lot. Some don't care about can design like tin designs for pipe tobacco or boxdesigns for cigars (like me), but the cans are really well done, my photography skills don't do it justice.

Rant off.

IMG_20221028_210338.jpg

DrTeeth

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2022
Indiana
shiftdrinkpodcast.com