Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
We’re visiting our friends, Paul and Juliet, in Rhode Island. Paul broke out his bottle that he’s been pouring the remnants of his whisky bottles into—this one contains Talisker 18, Talisker Distiller’s Edition 2020, some Deanston 12, some Arran 10, some Glenscotia Victoriana Cask, maybe a Clynelish all. It’s very tasty, definitely Talisker forward.

IMG_20221014_231559.jpg

We brought Ardbeg Blaaack Committee 20th Anniversary Limited Edition, 46%, aged in Pinot Noir Casks. We’re trying it neat first, getting the fruit notes at first, some truffle notes and burnt rubber at the front of the mouth. Maybe some anise and clove on the nose. Paint thinner aspect fades after some time.

IMG_20221015_000236.jpg

Going to have it with some Uisge Islay water now.

IMG_20221015_003400.jpg

Much smoother with the water. Very smooth and buttery now. Confectioner’s sugar.

A nice start to the weekend.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
We’re visiting our friends, Paul and Juliet, in Rhode Island. Paul broke out his bottle that he’s been pouring the remnants of his whisky bottles into—this one contains Talisker 18, Talisker Distiller’s Edition 2020, some Deanston 12, some Arran 10, some Glenscotia Victoriana Cask, maybe a Clynelish all. It’s very tasty, definitely Talisker forward.

I've heard the original scotch blenders would mix various spirits to make their own house blend. This would be similar I suppose.

I know of the Three Kings shooter (Jim, Jack, and Johnny), but never heard of saving the remnants like this (sort of like the Best of the Rest tobacco blend).

I'm glad it worked, since the concept sounds muddled in my head. Very cool concept if executed well.

Reactions: TheIronMonkey
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Arrrrrrrdbeg! Pirate of the Hebridean, 51.8%.

View attachment 175354

View attachment 175355
My man, I just want to hang with you for a weekend (it looks like you had a great.day). Good food and drinks, snappy dresser, reasonable disposition, and artistic at heart and in practice.

Don't expect much from me, I'd likely just drool on myself and mutter. But I have some tobacco and whiskey, so that counts for something ... right?

Cheers. May your smoke be heavy and your troubles light.