Welcome new members. Introduce yourselves.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
I want to take this opportunity to welcome all the new members to the site. We all look forward to your insights and opinions. Hope you enjoy the site.

raftergtex

Lurker
Mar 18, 2010
Greetings fellow pipesters. I just discovered this forum thanks to a communication from Jonesing on ebay. Thanks, Jonesing. I have only been smoking a pipe for around two years now, but I love it so much that I am now in the process of learning to make my own. It's satisfying, and a lot less expensive than a new Rad Davis. I am getting better, and am now able to sell a few to keep myself in briar.
Anyway, I am in Texas. My favorite tobaccos at the moment tend to be the Russ Ouellette vaper blends over at pipesandcigars.com, particularly Anniversary Kake. I look forward to scrolling around on here, and I may ask for your input on various pipes from time to time ...
Tim

www.handcraftedpipes.com

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Tim,

I think you will find some of the members here to be eager to admire if not buy your pipes.

And, welcome to this fraternity of pipe smokers.

We all look forward to your posts and pics.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Mad skills Tim, Love the nosewarmer on your web page. I'm just starting to dable in pipemaking, I only hope I can produce pipes like those one day.

raftergtex

Lurker
Mar 18, 2010
Thanks so much for the welcome, and the comments on my pipemaking efforts. It is pretty easy to get a good smoker with proper drilling and decent briar, but not that easy to make it look good. I learn more each time. That nosewarmer by the way was traded to another pipemaker in a nosewarmer grab bag kind of thing over the holidays on pipemakersforum.com. I had never even owned one before but it felt great in the hand and I hope to make another.
Anyway, I look forward to hanging around, and maybe figuring out why my avitar doesn't show up ...

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Hey Rafter!
I'm the guy that emailed you about one of your pipes on ebay.
Glad you made it over!
Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.