Welcome new members. Introduce yourselves.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddry61

Lurker
May 20, 2010
Newbie here, I live in NC. and I'm a design engineer and collect estate pipes.

My favorite tobacco is a honey cavendish. I joined the site to learn all I can

about pipes and tobacco!

scottabot

Lurker
May 12, 2010
Hail and Well met, Scott Fleming here. I am absolutely thrilled that this site is here for all of us to access other brothers of the bowl and stem. Don't know if this is improper but I'm gonna do it anyway. I hereby invite ALL the members on this site to "join" my Facebook Group called "The Fellowship of the Golden Leaf"! And don't just join, post something.... start a discussion, tell a joke, "flame" me if ya want. In my warped little mind, I believe it will increase the numbers of pipe smokers out there and bring it back into everyday occurrance and widespread acceptance.

scottabot

Lurker
May 12, 2010
Welcome Home Newton, have a seat and strike a light. What's that you're smokin' there. (sniff) Smells good!

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Howdy all.
New member here and taking a moment to introduce myself.
I started smoking a pipe in college, mid-70's. My grandfather smoked a pipe, but that was the only family association with pipesmoking I've ever had. He was a fan of Prince Albert and Dr. Grabow pipes. He received a meerschaum from a family member in the airforce, bought at a Turkish market during a layover flying to Viet Nam. My grandfather thought the pipe too nice to smoke and never touched it. I received the pipe after his death and still have it.
I have some Jobeys, Savinellis, and Ben Wades. The freehand Ben Wades are my favorites. I like a big pipe to hold in my hand and they are beautiful. I enjoy aromatics...usually buying from chain stores like Tinderbox, but a local shop here in Iowa, David's Briar Shoppe, is the easiest place to make my tobacco purchases. I'm currently enjoying his Coventry blend, its the same blend as Tinderbox's I believe.
I live and work on a farm, living in the same house my father and grandfather owned. The farm has been in my family over 150 years, in fact Iowa has only been a state two years longer than my family has lived on this land.
I enjoy reading and music. I am interested in military history, natural history, Native American history, high-power rifle competitions and military firearms.
I've been married 27 years, assuming we make it to June 11th, blessed with two daughters, and live like a king. I've no complaints.
I look forward to chatting with the members here and sharing stories and experiences.

Jan 16, 2010
I am 38 yrs old. I have been smoking pipe for 15 years now. I dond really collect pipes I have about 25 ea, they are all in use. I smoke both aros and English or balkan saying any type of tobacco depending on my mood and situation. I am lucky to have a wife who is also a smoker so I can smoke indoors because she lets me doig so and we neither have bans here in restaurants pubs....

I like horseriding,hunting, reading, Savate sport version; Blues, Classical, Jazz, Rock music are also important - If I have some time left since i have 3 daughters and a very active wife. I live in Hungary in Budapest.

I love my tummy,love cooking trad Hungarian food in most cases but Italian cuisine is also a love of my life. I like drinking good alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks.My favourite drink is Cidre brut or doux are almost as good for me.Love tea and coffee.Yes I love my family the most...

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to you both.

We look forward to your posts, pictures and questions.

But, since you both are experienced pipe smokers, don't be afraid to jump right in.
Glad to have ya!

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Yes, its still in the mall. Greg doesn't have many pipes anymore, but the cigar and tobbacco selections are still pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.