Welcome new members. Introduce yourselves.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs422

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
Hey Dudley,

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/rs422/album

Been working on posting pics in my album.

You can check them out.

Will be adding lots more in the future.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Ron,
There are some really unique pipes in what you've posted.
I really like that Rad Davis. I used to have a Rad Davis and it smoked GREAT. It had that sound that a lot of good smokers do when you take a draw while it's empty. A sort of deep and hollow "whoosh" sound.
That's also a nice looking Ben Wade. I can't remember who it was, but there's a member here with a Ben Wade in the same kind of box who bought it in the 70's and loves it to this day.
The shoe pipe is really neat too. At first glance, I thought it was a pipe rest and started to focus my eyes to see the pipe that was sitting in it!

raf66

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2010
That 1993 Boswell is a real looker! How does she smoke? I have a Don Carlos in almost the exact shape/color that I love. By the way, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Work/family/winter months had gotten the better of my pipe smoking hobby for the last several months so it's nice to be able to find time to enjoy it again.
By the way, I just picked up an incredible Ascorti Business bent the other night at Pipes & Pleasure here in Columbus, Ohio and I must say that I'm VERY impressed with the quality of the pipe and the smoke that it provides. Are Ascortis always this good???!!!

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Welcome to the site new members. This is by far warmest group of pipe smokers on the net. I want to thank all of the people on here for your kind friendship. I learn something new every time I come here. If you are new, just dive right in. We would love to hear your opinions.

rs422

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
Welcome raf66 and all new members.

Say hello to Roswitha for me next time you drop in.

I have known her for many years. She probably doesn't know that my wife Debra and I and our grandkids moved to Arizona from Kentucky in December. Tell her I will miss her at the Columbus show this year.
Ron

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Welcome Ron. I'm a bit late.
That Tim West poker is pretty cool.
The horn reminds me of my drinking horn. A cow horn on a leather strap. A buddy gave it to me for a birthday awhile ago. Holds exactly 2 beers or a weakly mixed quadruple bourbon and water.

pbgoldwing55

Lurker
Feb 2, 2010
welcome to all new members , enjoy the site and enjoy the company , input your view and values and your input on pipes and tobacco's we all enjoy input , again welcome .

mark

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Seems my manners have slipped and I haven't done an intro. Nothing fantastic here. I am an artist/blacksmith and woodworker. Pretty much limited by an arthritic back now days though. I am about to get into making my own pipes (like I really NEED more ) because it looks fun. This year I will be planting my first crop of tobacco. Did a whole lot of study on that before I decided to give it a whirl. I have a large collection of pipes , mostly estate pipes. I tend to be fascinated by the turn of the century metal mounted pipes. Mainly a smoker of English blends with the odd aromatic thrown in for a change. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Uncle Arthur

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Howdy Uncle.
Blacksmithing has always interested me. I'm a wood guy. I can build stuff but never learned to weld and I'm not naturally mechanically skilled. I'm a fumble fingers and lack patience. But blacksmithing always seemed like something I'd enjoy. It always appeared less about slide rules and more about craftmanship and eye and feel.
RJ

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Hi Uncle Arthur,
Nice to have you here. Be sure and post pictures of your pipe projects and your crop's progress. Hope they both go well for you.
My great grandfather was a blacksmith who immigrated here from Switzerland. The people in town loved him because he could make them damn near anything that was metal and needed replaced.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Thanks Dudley. Smithing is a lot of fun . Besides! What other job do you get paid to play with fire?

Art

raf66

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2010
Ron, I just saw Roswitha this past Friday when I stopped in. She makes some beautiful pipes, and she's also very knowledgeable about pipe tobaccos. Sorry you won't be at the Columbus show this year. I'm going to try to attend if schedule/family responsibilities permit.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
Hello to everyone. Love the site. Been smoking a pipe for 5 years. Started smoking a pipe to get off the cigs. 5 Brothers and OJK has kept me cigarette free. C&D blends are my favorites. When I need a nic hit. 5 Brothers is perfect. I have quite a few pipes, but I love the cobs the best. They look silly and unsophisticated but I think they smoke the best. I know I will learn alot from everyone here. I believe pipe smoking is an on going learning experience.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Welcome to the site. We look forward to your opinions. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.