Welcome new members. Introduce yourselves.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhb2532

Lifer
Feb 22, 2010
My turn to welcome new members WELCOME if you like pipes tabacco or interesting talk ENJOY!!!

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I would like to welcome new members, and thank all members. This site is growing fast, and for good reason.

raf66

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2010
Hi everyone. I posted in another topic earlier today but haven't really formally introduced myself to the group yet. My name is Rob and I hale from Columbus, Ohio. I've been smoking pipes off and on for nearly 20 years. I enjoy aromatic blends such as MacBaren's Scottish Blend and Rattray's Hal O' The Wynd, and have a modest supply of probably 7 or 8 pipes that I rotate regularly. None of my pipes are what you would probably consider top-of-the-line (none costing more than $100 or so), but all of which have a special memory associated with it--Anniversary gift from wife, law school graduation gift, etc. I own a GBD, Jobey, Stanwell, Savinelli, Peterson and a Don Carlos, which was an estate pipe I purchased 15 years ago. My two favorites are the Stanwell (bent-freehand) and Don Carlos (straight-sandblast).
I'm looking forward to participating in the forum and learning a lot from you guys.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Welcome to the site! We look forward to your future posts and all hope you enjoy the site.

jnkc

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
Ok, just jumping in here: Hi everyone, I've visited the site off and on for a while. I decided today I may as well say something. I'm at the very edge of learning pipe smoking, but I will get it down one of these days. Have a few Missouri Meerschaum on the way and I already have some pipe tobacco. It should be fun; I figure a cheap pipe or two for starters. Bob stopped in a forum I frequent yesterday or so. He left a link I used today and I found some pretty good reading. I guess that is it for a while until politics or unreasonable deals when it comes to tobacco get my hands busy.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
None of my pipes are what you would probably consider top-of-the-line (none costing more than $100 or so), but all of which have a special memory associated with it--Anniversary gift from wife, law school graduation gift, etc. I own a GBD, Jobey, Stanwell, Savinelli, Peterson and a Don Carlos, which was an estate pipe I purchased 15 years ago. My two favorites are the Stanwell (bent-freehand) and Don Carlos (straight-sandblast).
Hi Raf66,
Your pipes may not be the most expensive, but you've got some nice names in there and what you say is a modest collection sounds more to me like one to be proud of!

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Hi JnKC,
We both have the forum you mentioned in common. Keep an eye out for a couple other familiar names too.
Nice to see you here, I think you'll like it quite a bit.
Matt

jnkc

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
Thanks for the welcome all. Nice to see you here as well Matt; I've seen a few nicks that look familiar. Thanks Bob for the welcome; I've got even more information to use now.

rs422

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
Hello all,
My name is Ron and I have been a pipe smoker for 38 years.

I have over 300 pipes and about 80 pounds of baccy in the cellar.

I live in Wittman Arizona and enjoy everthing about this hobby.

I love all kinds of baccy especially va/pers. Hope to get to know everybody involved in this great forum.

dillydallydan

Lurker
Feb 26, 2010
Hey rs442 - I'm a newbie on this site also, but may I be the first to welcome you! This is a great place to share info and have a laugh. See you around!

rs422

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
fhb2532

Mapquest

I can't remember how I got here myself.

Just moved 2 1/2 months ago from Kentucky.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Hi Ron,
I'm sure I'm not the only one that'll be looking forward to some of the advice and input a pipe smoker of your experience has to say.
I'm with the Cigar Soldier, I'd love to see some pictures of the collection and the furniture it takes to hold all those pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.