Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Again there are a number of new members joining the fraternity over the last few days.

It's simply marvelous.
Welcome to you all. The members are friendly, and helpful, however, some have a sarcastic streak... I know who I am... you know who you are.

It's great to have you all here.

Don't be shy, dive right in, and post those pictures of all of those beautiful pipes.

So we all can struggle with our Pipe Acquisition Disorder, and be suitably impressed.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
I am new here but many may know me as I am the Senior Moderator over at PipeChat.info and I also belong to 9 other forums on pipes. I have smoked the pipe for 40 years and am still in love with pipes and pipe smoking. I have over 700 pipes, I buy and sell old pipes and love restoring them. I look forward to many good conversations here, I see a lot of my buddies are on this forum.
Earl

yannis

Lurker
Aug 20, 2010
Hi to all !!!
I am Yannis form Greece and I smoke pipe for the last year after 25 years of cigarette smoking. My collection is about 30 pipes and I have found some blends that I enjoy and ofcourse there are a lot more to try.
Yannis

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome, Yannis!
Be sure to tell us what you are smoking in THIS THREAD. Also, don't forget to post picture of your pipes!
We also love to hear about any PAD (Pipe Acquisition Disorder) and/or TAD (Tobacco Acquisition Disorder) purchases. If for no other reason than it makes us feel better that we aren't the ONLY ones afflicted by these disorders.
-Jason

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
They are too enjoyable to be considered afflictions, just well deserved rewards after a hard day's work. Welcome Yannis and all the other new members since I was here last.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I think it's time to touch base and welcome all you new members.

Just dive right in with your questions, comments, and pictures.

Like this wide open picture of mlaug's super dog Boomer.

You have to look closely he's difficult to see the action is so intense.....
boomerdeadMedium.jpg

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Ah yes, did not fully read your post. My bad. I concur its a great pic. Does look like he is totally spent tho.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
I'm not sure if I said hello yet to this paricular feed....but HELLO EVERYBODY !!

It is really an excellent website, and the members are really excellent.

Thank you for all the advice,support,education,opinions, and knowledge. Great to be a member.

Thank you very much !

Joe N.

from Barrie,Ontario,CANADA

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Glad to have you, Joe! Be sure to post picture of your pipes and let us know what you think of any new tobaccos you try!
-Jason

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Hey fellow pipe smokers. I am new to pipe smoking for the most part. I have been an avid cigar smoker for about three years. However, I one day decided to buy a cheap pipe in the hopes of becoming a pipe smoker. I bought a $16 pipe at my local tobacco shop and decided to try it out. From the first time I smoked my pipe I was hooked. However, I have been smoking the crappy pipe ever since. So tonight I decided to look into ordering a nicer pipe. I started by looking at brands I knew and then I found the Savinelli Duca Carlo series. I then started searching for reviews and found this website. It was upon reading an article about the Savinelli brand in general that I found out about the Venezia series. When I looked up prices and found out that it was only $6 more I knew I had found the pipe I wanted to purchase. So I placed an order for the Savinelli Venezia 626. Hopefully I will receive the pipe by Wednesday and be able to tell you guys how I like it but from the reviews on here I am pretty sure I will enjoy it. Thanks guys.

- William

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
welcome William,
Savinelli is a good choice. I have several dozen of them in a wide variety of series and they're all good smokes. I don't have a Venezia, but they look like an excellent pipe to start with. Let us know how you like it and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.