Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Rossi Pipes
60 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
9 Fresh GH.ZHANG Pipes
48 Fresh Brigham Pipes
New Accessories

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
My Dad was in the Coast Guard and continued to work with a bunch of zany old salts (oceanographers and marine biologists) for the rest of his life. But for his own nautical adventures he now prefers canoes and kayaks. Much simpler.
When I first saw Captain Black's in the store, I thought that HAD to be the stuff. Maybe the Royal, with the blue packaging. But then I looked up Flying Dutchman and... kaching! Instant recognition. That is the package design I remember (except in a pouch, not a tin). According to the reviews, it burns rather hot, so maybe that partially explains my early experience. And quite possibly it has changed over the years too.
Thanks for the tip. :)

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Welcome to all the new folks. There sure seem to be a lot of them, and lots of interesting new posts.
Simon

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to all the new guys.

PM's membership is growing by leaps and bounds.

I think it great!
We're glad to have "all-y'all" in the fraternity!
For those that don't know.... y'all is singular, and all-y'all is plural.

It's a Southern thing.

:)

byzcath

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2010
For me, hobie, when I get into something, I start googling everywhere. That's how I found this site! (Still have to find a good avatar, though!)

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Here are some pics you could use for an avatar.
Shuremicpipe1.jpg

thegoodlife.jpg

albertking.jpg

WinslowLHside.jpg

BoswellJumboPoker.jpg

recurl

Lurker
Aug 14, 2010
Hello Folks, I'm the new guy here, thanks for having me. Been puffin on pipes on and off for many years, but I have been making my own pipes for the couple of years now. Some have turned out nice and some have turned out to be nice fire wood. Look forward to hangin around learning and times putting my 2 cents in

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
Hello brothers,
I joined just this afternoon 14/8/10 and am hoping to become a part of the great camaraderie that I've witnessed from "the outside lookin in". I'm not huge into sitting at the computer with myspace/facebook and all the rest of that ilk, but this forum seemed outstanding.
Truthfully, it's a lonely world for the pipe smoker. I hope to make some friends with whom I can share my passion, have great discussion and learn from.
The most relaxed of evenings to you all.
MaineYachtie - Alex

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome to all the new members since last I was here. I am sure you will add to this great forum with your posts and pics.

guillaumefdp

Lurker
Aug 15, 2010
Hello for all,
my name is Guillaume, i joined this forum today.
Here are my activities:
I opened the first forum in French in 2002 :

http://groups.google.fr/group/fumeursdepipe
Two years later, I created the website Fumeurs de Pipe :

http://www.fumeursdepipe.net/index2.htm
I also have a blog : http://fumdepip.blogspot.com/
And early this year, I opened an online store ;-)

http://www.compagniedespipes.com/accueil.htm
I am announcing regulary the news of PipesMagazine to the members of my forum, it was time that I join you ;-)
Happy smoking

Guillaume

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome Guillaume
Glad to have you. Truly we are part of a worldwide brotherhood. Hope you can continue to post our information to your sites. Seems like you are doing a great service for our French speaking friends.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Bienvenue, Guillaume! My French is a little rusty, but your web sites look good! Keep up the good work. I'm sure you've got lots of stories to share.
Simon

guillaumefdp

Lurker
Aug 15, 2010
Thank you very much, i do not know if many people who speak French here ? For the sales site, I think it is not the place.
And then, when I see articles that are here, I'd prefer better speak and read English ;-)
Happy smoking

Guillaume

Status
Not open for further replies.