Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome aboard Nh(tangled fingers), (just poking some fun)
A lot of us here used to be hooked on "coughin' nails" as well.

We're glad to have you.
You are right about one thing you mentioned above.

This site while pipe smoking is focus, I think it's really about the people.

You won't find a finer, friendlier, or more generous group of online folks anywhere.

You'll find no pipe snobs here.
We look forward to your pictures, your posts, and your comments.

Welcome aboard!

imperator

Lurker
Aug 3, 2010
Hello everyone,
I've been lurking for a bit and figured I should sign up and say hey. It seems like everyone here is pretty polite and knowledgeable.
I had been wanting to try pipe smoking for a while and decided to try a few weeks ago. Lucky for me there is a pipe and tobacco shop directly across the street from the university where I work. I have tried several of the house blends they sell as well as some drugstore blends, and so far I've not tried anything I didn't like. All in all quite pleasant.
I look forward to learning from and getting to know all of you.

myork82

Lurker
Jun 23, 2010
Imperator, where abouts are you from? I only ask because the pipe shop I use here in Little Rock, AR is across from a university. While I was there earlier today I saw a guy wearing a staff shirt from the school. How small a world would it be if that was you I saw!?

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Welcome imperator. It's a good sign you've liked everything you've tried so far. And by that I mean, your tobacco pleasure experiance will only grow. Enjoy!

bostonbill

Lurker
Jul 26, 2010
Bahston
Welcome, imperator! I, myself, am quite jealous, as I have found far too many pipe tobaccos that I don't like. You're just lucky! But I envy you the great smoking experiences you will have... have fun!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
We're glad your here Imperator. It bodes well for the future of pipe smokers, that fine young men, such as yourself, have joined our ranks.
Welcome, and we look forward to your exploits.

Post away!

imperator

Lurker
Aug 3, 2010
Myork, I'm from Little Rock and work at UALR. I think I was wearing a UALR shirt the last time I was in there. Was it a short guy with a beard?
I hope I don't seem like I'm in my 80's, I'm only 27!

myork82

Lurker
Jun 23, 2010
What a small world. Imperator that was you I saw yesterday. I've not been around the pipe shop for too long, but I have found everyone there to be very friendly and knowledgeable. I love that you can just come in and pack a bowl of any blend you want, then sit down to a cup of coffee and a smoke. I've not had much time one the forum either, I'm usually busy with my kids. But I've also found everyone here to be friendly, and usually pretty quick at answering your questions if they know it or steering you in the right direction if they don't. We'll have to meet up for a smoke sometime. Until then, welcome to the forum!

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I'm a new pipe smoker from the Little Rock area of Central Arkansas. I purchased an unfinished Savinelli a few weeks ago and have enjoyed watching the wood darken from the oils in my hand. I'm glad I found this forum to help me in my quest to learn more about this new found hobbie.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Imperator and Myork, I also purchase my pipes and tobacco from the same shop in Little Rock. They have the biggest selection I have seen in town. Don't know of any other shop around. Have yall tried their "Wilshire" tobacco? Not bad at all.

myork82

Lurker
Jun 23, 2010
Buck67...That wilshire is pretty good indeed. My dad loves it. It's a nice cool smoke. I haven't calloused my tongue yet with the hotter blends, so that cool wilshire smoke is great. I'm also enjoying their champagne blend, which is a little hotter smoke but still very nice. It's great in my Wellington because it has a longer stem, which lets that smoke cool down a little.

imperator

Lurker
Aug 3, 2010
The Wilshire was the first one I tried, good stuff. Who would have thought there were so many Arkansans around here.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hi Guys,

I need to jump in here with a little info.

Wilshire, Yorkshire, and a plethora of different names all refer to....
Wait for it....
Lane 1Q
Good stuff and should be in every pipe smokers larder.
Oh yeah.... Welcome one and all.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
pstlpkr said Hi Guys,

I need to jump in here with a little info.

Wilshire, Yorkshire, and a plethora of different names all refer to....
Wait for it....
Lane 1Q
Good stuff and should be in every pipe smokers larder...
Truer words haven't been spoken (uh... typed).

After pstlpkr here turned me on to Lane Ltd.'s 1-Q, it has become my go-to smoke when I want something that I can relax with and enjoy without concentrating on it.
-Jason

edit spelling...

myork82

Lurker
Jun 23, 2010
Thanks pstlpkr! I've got a long ways to go before I can even pretend to be competent in this hobby. I'm grateful I've got you guys to help me along the way.

I think it's great that I'm running into other pipe smokers from the central AR region on here. We all need to get together at the pipe shop one day. I know that a lot of the more frequent patrons get together occasionally for poker games as well. There's a great sense of brotherhood and comraderie there. I've not ever felt unwelcomed there.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
No sweat guys,
If you are ever in the B'ham area, let me know you are coming and we'll have a pipe at the local shoppe called The Briary.

Your local sounds as comfortable as our's is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.