Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Wow! Big rush of new members.

Welcome to you all.

We look forward to your posts and pictures.

Just dive right in.
Again welcome to the fraternity.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
WElcome Bill....Some of the members seem to use stock photos from the modeling sites to raise their image....LOL
So lets see your ugly mug. LOL

changojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2010
Hello! from sunny Californian Desert!! let me start with a story of how i started smoking a pipe. well i remember i was about 5 or 6 yrs old and my parents owned a bakery shop and one day well i was in the counter this older gentlemen came in the shop smoking a pipe. i remember the aroma was so good it stuck in my brain!!! and i just recently started smoking a pipe, and starting my pipe collection.

thanks for all the tips and advise !!!

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Hello! My name is Jeremiah Dreier and I am from Norman, Oklahoma. I am 21 years old and I am studying to get my degree in Computer Science. I have been smoking for a little over two years now but I was never really serious about smoking until just these last 3 months! I have also started restoring estate pipes as a side hobby!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Joe, I know you have been around for a little while but welcome none the less.

Keep on postin' my friend. The have been quality posts.

And,

Welcome to you Jeremiah.

We are glad to have you younger guys who have "seen the char, tamp, and true light".

There are number of guys here that have a great deal of experience restoring those treasures called estate pipes. If you have any questions or conundrums; I'm sure the guys would love to help.
Guys, we all look forward to your posts and pictures, don't forget to log on and post "whatcher smokin'".
PS Don't forget to accept and request those friendships.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Hello all. My name is John Fruhmann and I live in Bethlehem, Pa. I started my pipe smoking hobby in college in the early 1970's. After reading evry Sherlock Holmes story about 100 times I just had to emulate the Great Detective. As it turns out, exploring the world of pipe blends is very much like detecting and solving.

I retired 3 years ago and now have the time to get involved with forums such as this and I find them to be informative and great fun.

I look forward to the friendly exchanges and sharing the experiences of our hobby.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Glad to have you. I am a former Lehigh Valley resident from Easton myself. Good to have you here. Look forward to your future posts on the numerous blogs here.

jugn1

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
Hello everyone,
My name is Jody and I live in McKinney, Texas (Near Dallas). I have just started pipe smoking recently. I'm new to the hobby but already love it! I have fond memories of the aroma of my fathers smoking pipe. He passed away over a year ago and after going through some photo albums I found a picture of he and I around the holidays. I was a young boy back then now but now I'm in my 30's.

Anyway I'm starting out with the classic tobaccos/pipes but will be looking to expand my horizons with some English blends. I will be searching the site for some suggestions, if anyone has suggestions feel free to message me. For now I will be doing some searching and listening.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Jody those memories are what gets most of us started in pipe smoking (at least the people that I know). Experimenting with new blends is exciting and rewarding!
Oh and Welcome!

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
A long overdue welcome from me to the following:
daveleitz

myork82

dunhillmanuk

Ivistob

oldguy

sastultz

Ahad/39

Earl

Kevin

Slaver

Jason

Kruglick

Willh

Ed

Doug

bostonbill

changojoe

Jeremiah

John

&

Jody.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
The last couple of weeks have truly amazing; tons of new members.

I want to extend a "Laurel and Hardy" handshake to everyone, and welcome you one and all.

Just dive right in.

There is nothing but good people here, and we all look forward to your posts and pictures of your beautiful pipes.
Welcome to the fraternity!
Thank you Jugn1 for your post above, I have copied/pasted it into an old string. I hope you don't mind. But, I thought it would be cool to hear about those "Memorable Pipe Smokers From Your Past", and those of all the new members.

jugn1

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
No problem, share away. Makes me think of this simple quote:
We do not remember days, we remember moments. -Cesare Pavese

Aug 3, 2010
Denmark
Hello all.
Greetings from Denmark. Found this forum and thought it sounded like a great idea. Been smoking pipe on and off for the last 10 years, but have quit the cigarettes and are now sticking to the pipe :)
Have 6 different pipes, 4 briar and 2 Meerschaum. Stanwell, Orlik, Peterson, Savinelli.
I usually smoke Rattrays different brands, My Own Blend, and Dunhill Early Morning Blend..........but always eager to try new tobacco.
Really great to find a forum dedicated to Pipe-people.
Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.