Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

11 Fresh Mastro Geppetto Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
12 Fresh Rossi Pipes
3 Fresh Jared Coles Pipes
48 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome Duncan. I'm orignally from across the river in Easton, PA. Looking forward to your posts.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Hi Guys (and Ladies),
I'm Warren and live in Kansas City. I started smoking a pipe in 1966 and have accumulated nearly 150 of them in the years since. They range from MM cobs to a beautiful Upshall E grade I recently got on eBay for a fraction of what it's worth.
My day-to-days blends are mostly Stokkebye and Mac Baren, but I've been known to try almost anything on occasion.

smokingtoport

Lurker
Aug 8, 2010
Hello to All.I am an old dog,but new to this forum thing.Just wishing everyone a fantastic August.

"Smoke what you like,but love what you smoke"

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I'm Warren and live in Kansas City. I started smoking a pipe in 1966 and have accumulated nearly 150 of them in the years since. They range from MM cobs to a beautiful Upshall E grade I recently got on eBay for a fraction of what it's worth.
Welcome and lets see a pic of that Upshall.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
hobie,
Here's the Upshall:
7.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

2-1.jpg

bostonbill

Lurker
Jul 26, 2010
Bahston
I'm new here myself, I thought I ought to say hello to all the folks who've cone in since I was last on this thread:
"Hello all, and welcome. I look forward to reading your posts!"
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

storm

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
My Dad smoked when I was young. I distinctly remember the aroma of his pipe tobacco. I thought it was great, and I used to sneak into his den and hold the pipe in my mouth, just to get the taste and smell. I remember his tobacco of choice always had a picture of a tall sailing ship on the pouch. At some point he stopped. I don't know why - maybe I wasn't as sly as I thought i was?
Years later (I was maybe in high school) I found his kit. Tried to smoke it. Had no idea how and made every mistake possible - burned my tongue, sucked in bits of tobacco, couldn't keep it lit. Didn't ask him how - just figured it was beyond me.
Pciked up (and gave up) cigarettes a couple of times in life. They helped with the all-nighters in college and I was indulging in all kinds of things (especially the kinds of things best done in moderation) after my first marriage ended. But I found cigarettes to be too much, too fast and hellishly smelly besides. They're like shots of tequila when what you really want is to savor a nice glass of port or fine whiskey.
Never took a liking to cigars.
But pipes... I recently got the itch again and decided to scratch it. Sure glad there's so much helpful information and advice on the web, or I'd be scorching my tongue and choking on flakes again!
Other interests: low-tech photography and backyard astronomy (especially looking at the Sun). Got two young kids, a wonderful wife, an old house, a reliable car and no complaints.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
My Dad as a Marine avoided anything that had anything nautical associated with it. :)
I am a little behind the curve because my ISP was out for 3 days.
Welcome to all you new members and thanks for accepting my friendship requests, it means a lot to me.
Welcome to the fraternity, this is a great bunch of folks.

I look forward to your posts and pictures.

Sorry about the platitudes, but I mean them.
Happy puffing.

byzcath

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2010
Hi, All!

My name is Ron. I took up pipe smoking in my 20s, and let it drop after a while. Then, in June of this year, a couple of friends in Nashville got me interested again.

I am an Eastern Catholic priest currently stationed in the "Coal Region" of NE PA. Good to be here with you all!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Ron,
From my favorite book:
Stephen's first interview with Monsignor Cannell... Stephen was poring over a diocesan map with the administrator's fresh-colored countenance emerged through a cumulus cloud of pipe smoke, which in turn rose from the handsomest meerschaum Stephen had ever seen. The sherry-colored bowl of Amby Cannell's pipe was a counterpart of the man himself--nutty-flavored, aromatic, humorous, and reliable.

Stephen sniffed appreciatively at the smoke nimbus surrounding his colleague. "What's the name of that Elysian blend you're burning?"

Ambrose Cannell removed the curved amber bit from his mouth. "You may think I'm overplaying the part," he said, "but it's a mixture of Three Nuns and Parson's Pleasure."
The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson, 1949
Glad to have you Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.