Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Musico Pipes
24 Fresh Nørding Pipes
2 Fresh Scott Klein Pipes
60 Fresh Peterson Pipes
9 Fresh Castello Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Hey! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a newbie to the hobby, but have been infected with PAD and TAD already. Was a lurker for several months before joining and have found the discussions entertaining and helpful, so thanks!
-Jason

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
We're glad to have you on board Lordnoble.

I look forward to your input, and your pictures.
Just dive right in.

And welcome to the Fraternity.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Hello Guys and Dolls
My name is Kevin and I am in Las Vegas, NV. I was doing some web surfing the other day and stumbled on this site and decided to join. Already have 3 friends on this site. I have been smoking pipes for about 4-5 years now after being a very long time cigarette smoker. Its a little more work, but it seems well worth it. I have about 10 pipes, all on the lower end of the price spectrum, but they get the job done. I have been spending a lot of time on TobaccoReviews.com and have learned about a number of different blends there. But always there is room for more knowledge.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome KR,
We're glad to have you here.

I too used to smoke cigarettes, and replaced that habit with the one I now enjoy.

It is more trouble... but for me that is some of the appeal.

There is the ritual of preparing my smoke and packing and lighting, is where the for me the enjoyment begins.

Welcome to the fraternity.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Indeed, it is quite the ritual of doing all that that makes it appealing. The whole package is so relaxing for me that it is not at all a pain to do all that is required. I must agree with you on that. Thanks for the welcome, indeed it seems a very friendly group here from what I have seen.

willh

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
Hey, everyone. Figured I would stop in and introduce myself. I've been smoking a pipe for a little under a year now, and I've loved every minute of it. I've recently been trying to give up cigs in favor of the briar, and it's slow going. But that's another post... At any rate, I'm in Jax FL, home of sporadic weather and bad drivers. I've been trying to find a local pipe club, to no avail. I think the only one we had just kind of dissolved. Any way, I'm looking forward to learning a bit on here and maybe finding out about some new blends to try. If you're in the NE FL area and want to have a pipe and coffee or tea, shoot me a PM. I'd love to meet more pipe smokers.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome William,
A number of us here have beaten the "coughin nail" problem, and we all wish you the best in that endeavor. The thing that helped me the most was concentrating on the "ritual" of smoking your pipe, and embracing the inconvenience of the pipe over the ease of cigarettes.
We are glad to have you here, and we all look forward to your posts and pictures.

It's good to have you in the fraternity.

Just dive right in.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Will, welcome to the forum. I love Jax...I like fishing for bluegills on the river, south of town...and going to the concerts they always seem to be having on the waterfront.

bassman4

Lurker
Jul 20, 2010
Hello to all. My name is Ed.I have checked out this site before and now I,m a member. This site is great.

bronxbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 23, 2010
New York
Just wanted to say hello from the Bronx, NY to my fellow pipe lovers. Been smoking a pipe since 1980 when I was introduced to it in college by a fellow classmate.
Happy to be among you!
-Doug

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Doug, you too Ed.

We're glad to have you.

Just dive right in, we're all looking forward to you posts and pics.
Again, Welcome to the Fraternity.

bronxbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 23, 2010
New York
Here's the face that goes with the name...LOL

Me and my favorite Savinelli.
pipe1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.