Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome William,

Unlike KC, I don't own a Savinelli. I do however like Italian pipes, in general, and a couple of carvers in particular. But, (I'm probably opening a can of worms with this) as a rule of thumb; cost equates to quality. I will qualify this by saying that I have a couple of $100 pipes that I rarely smoke because they aren't that great (sorry Chuck), but I also have several others in that range that are superior smokers. My $50 and down just don't (overall) stand up to the others.

Lane 1Q is a very good "go to" smoke. You can buy it in bulk, and is cost effective.
William, I look forward to you continued adventure/quest toward that perfect smoke.

Let us see some pictures too.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
Hello and very welcome to all !!

Thank you for the greetings .... nice to have a wealth of new friends !!

A special welcome and thank you to all the past, present, and future members... :)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to all you new members.

We look forward to you questions, comments, and pictures.

Don't forget to accept those friendship requests.
We're glad to have "all y'all" in the fraternity! And, for our friends in the frozen wastelands above the Mason Dixon line.... that's "yoose guys". :)

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
It's great to see new members continue to join! I've been here a short time

and find this place is both fun and informative. There's a lot of work going

on behind the scenes, that keeps this site's quality high and an enjoyable

place to visit. Welcome to the Forums!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I though that I would save this particular post to welcome all of the new members that have joined the fraternity of late.
This is post number 1776 for me.

A very special number for us Americans.
We all look forward to your posts and pictures.

Just dive right in.... the water's fine!

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Congrats on passing 1776, Lawrence! Shouldn't you send a declaration of independence to Kevin at this point? :)
A warm welcome to all the new members. Remember, we all are interested in hearing your stories and your experiences with new (and old) tobaccos. There's no way any one of us can try them all... although some around here are trying!
Simon

scratchglfr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2010
Hello all. I've been reaserching briars lately and came across this awesome site. I've learned alot in the past few day reading forums and posts. I'm a fairly new pipe smoker,my first pipe I purchased in Taji, Iraq a beautiful meerscham that I now know I overpaid for. Regardless it smokes wonderfully and I will enjoy it for a long time. It is coloring well and looks beautiful.

tsgourley

Lurker
Aug 30, 2010
Greetings!
Hi my name is Tim and I'm a pipe smoker. I enjoy all aspects of the hobby from collecting, smoking, and restoring all sorts of pipes. I've just recently found this place and it seems pretty sweet!

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Just realized that I've been lurking/posting on these forums for somewhere around a week, and never actually introduced myself! Unbearably rude, I know!

I'm Collin. I attend Portland State University, rotate my two good pipes, and try to salvage my bad one, with a variety of aromatics and English blends. I mostly smoke Mac Baren, and am thinking of getting a nice meer sometime soon.

I'm glad I came across this site, and it's vibrant community of dedicated and helpful pipe smokers!

Cheers,

Collin

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Welcome, Collin! I was just in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago. That's a nice city you're living in, and a very sharp avatar photo. Looks professionally done!
Stories, photos, insights are all welcome.
Simon

ilitch

Lurker
Aug 10, 2010
Greetings everyone.

I´m Ivan. A pipe smoker from Sao Paulo, Brazil and i am glad to meet you guys.

I prefer the simple and good briar pipes. Unfortunetely it´s not easy to find good tobacco here in Brazil. Despite the good quality of our tobacco plantation.

Status
Not open for further replies.