Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome to the new members. Can't wait to hear about your experiences with the briar and see your pics. Always great to see that the internet is truly an international place to come together and relax with a good pipe and good tobacco.

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Hello Chaps, I was pointed in this direction by my dear friend Doc (Doc Write).

I live in the UK in a small village near Peterborough. But of course the Smoker's Haven is in Cambridge, which is about 35 miles away. The next time I am over that way I'll take a few photos for you as my favourite Shop is nestling in the walls of one of Cambridge's fine University Buildings.
My other passion in life? Guitars, Amplifiers and Pedals. What else could one possibly need?
Very pleased to have found you.
Regards

Rob

byzcath

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2010
Welcome, Rob! Not to get too off topic, but what guitars, amps and pedals do you have? I have one good acoustic and a couple of electrics, myself. Music is my number one hobby, with pipes following a close second.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Hi Robs,

Musician, eh? In addition to PAD I've encountered a fair amount of GAS ( Gear Acquisition Syndrome for those non-musicians). So far, 28 guitars, 8 amps, 2 keyboards, 2 banjoes, an electric violin and some other stuff. Life is too short to hold back. Welcome aboard and rock on.

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Hi Guys,
Well the house does have a few nice pieces gathering dust in various corners, Amps range from vintage Tweeds, through to Old Marshalls,Matamps,Orange and Hiwatt and a Trainwreck Express Clone. Guitars are mostly Gibson LPs and the odd Strat or two.
Cambridge is a beautiful place, but sadly, totally overrun with Tourists. However, I know when to get in and find it slightly quieter than usual, so camera will be ready I promise.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Rob,

Sounds like you have some top shelf equipment. My gear tends to be more eclectic. Main guitars are a Texas Roadhouse Strat set up with a Roland Synth P/U (Great fun), Reverend Rocco( made in Eastborne, Michigan), Carvin Holdsworth, Godin nylon string, tele and some odd pieces. My main amp is a Line 6 Flextone which gives me the whole spectrum of choices for amp sounds and pedal simulations. My acoustic amp is a Marshall, which is the quietest amp I've ever heard.

I've been playing for 46 years and still get a thrill from playing. So, between my music and my pipes I am in a steady mellow mood.

ivan08

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2010
Hi everyone!! im Iván, a new member and new in the pipe smoking world! from 2009 to present..! Salutes to all the community! Add me to friends! :) Have a great weekend!

peace

Lurker
Sep 3, 2010
Hello all,

Just joined the formus. I've been reading alot on here for about 2 weeks now, and you guys have helped me a lot, since I've only been smoking the pipe for about 2 months.
My name is Sebastien, and I'm from Canada, province of Quebec to be more precise.

Status
Not open for further replies.