PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I just dropped in to see what could justify 240 posts about just ordering from P&C!
To be honest, I've ordered from them many times and have had my share of issues, but they have always been more than satisfactorily resolved.
I have not ordered from them in a while. I see a lot of people are taking advantage of the sale. I am guessing that P&C are extraordinarily busy far beyond their ability to handle as between the FDA stuff and the sale, they are probably way more busy than ever before.
The website is screwed up. That is the webmaster's fault and they probably have no control over that. It'll get fixed.
I just tried logging in and got on with no problems.
Not making excuses but shit does happen. A little patience I think and I'm betting it all gets straightened out and more, to your satisfaction. You will get what you ordered and more and save money in the end. Duplicate charges refunded. I am betting these people have been absolutely swamped with orders and with web system problems are scrambling to do the best they can.
I have nothing whatsoever to do with the company. They have royally screwed up some of my orders as well, as I have noted here in the past--- all taken care of, and more.
If you have a food processor (spinning blades) that will usually grind coffee beans real nice.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Are you guys getting double-charged for a full amount twice, or did they split up the total order into two charges for some reason?
I expect only one will go through when the package ships.

Last edited:

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Oh and I forgot:
MODERATORS: post by Wooooo and Spartan99 20 and 22 posts up---- doesn't it seem a bit odd/suspicious for a member to join a group and THEIR FIRST AND ONLY POST go about trashing a tobacconist? These guys look like trolls or spammers.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
They seem to have shipped some extra tins to me and double charged my account. The payment is still pending so I hope I can get this sorted out before they take my cash.

Gonna fix the double charge, not sure about them tins.

mlb55

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
I sent an email to the contact center manager over the weekend and got a response from her today.
They seem to know what they still need to send me. She mentioned some specific amounts to be charged and gave me a tracking number that will be used.
It remains to be seen exactly what I receive and what the total charges turn out to be, but it was nice to finally get a response from someone.

Mar 14, 2017
Yeah, I placed an order with P and C and it was on or around March 7. It has been several business days and still getting the same old response, "your order has been picked, verifying the order, will ship in 24 to 48 hours". I got the same thing the day after the order was placed. I did place another order with another online retailer or sponsor of this website. Will see how that goes. I like the P and C website. Lots to look over and purchase. Maybe it is just a glitch on their part and it will clear up soon. In the meantime, it's a bummer. If the other website ships my order soon with no issues, then I will go through them for a while until P and C gets better.

We discussed this, and we didn't feel like anyone was trashing P&C. We do appreciate you pointing this out, but it would be quicker to just PM us, instead of us relying on checking each thread to see an issue. Unless a thread is really interesting or dangerous, I tend to not check back often.
My suggestion to folks is to give them phone calls, over and over till you get through.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Are you guys getting double-charged for a full amount twice, or did they split up the total order into two charges for some reason?
Double charged for a full order here.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
I finally spoke via email to a wonderful manager there. She was extremely helpful and as we all know their computer system is really as mess. But she was able to give me some very good answers on why things were happening as they were for me. End result is I cancelled my original order and placed a new order that went through without any issues. PayPal was one of the culprits for my order. Nothing wrong with PayPal it was just a glitch between them and P & C.
Just wanted to let everyone know they really are trying to do their best to work things out. If you're unhappy now, wait and give them a chance in the future. A good company with good people that made a computer switch at the wrong time with a buggy system.

Mar 14, 2017
I sent a message on facebook to p and c and the person responded. I gave them my order # and they replied with information. That was this morning. This afternoon I received an email saying my order shipped. Also, another email that explained the reason for the delays and issues. In that email they said they would work hard to make it up to the consumers. I have a tracking number to track the package. I also contacted the other online retailer and they shipped my package today with a tracking number. I was very patient with both retailers and nice. I will post again later when I actually have the packages opened and enjoying some smoke. I took the advice of someone else on this topic and contacted p and c through facebook. It worked like a charm; so far.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Received the second part of my IPSD order today from P&C and everything was fine. Was charged for the value of each shipment so it worked out for me. Box was even packed tight!

Feb 28, 2017
I guess I`m the only one who haven't received his order. Mine was placed on the IPSD. Although there was a charge on the day I made the order, I haven't seen it since then on my account. I called paypal and they told me the charge was canceled so whatever...

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
Well I haven't received anything from my Feb 20 order yet either. I just contacted them via facebook and they said that my "order is currently being put in a wave. When our warehouse picks orders they do so in waves of orders. So it should be picked relatively soon." That was about 3% more information than what is in the vague emails I receive every now and then.

That sounds to me like the pipe I ordered will not be included as it is now out of production and out of stock, I hope I'm wrong. Plus I just saw that all but one of the tins I ordered is on backorder. This is possibly (probably) the last order I make with P&C unless they magically make my order complete within the next month. Time will tell.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
The information you see about "backorder" in your account info is baloney. I ordered 40 tins that were shown this way in my account, and still are, but they're being delivered tomorrow, supposedly.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I thought i got double charged but they had charged the initial paypal then refunded weeks ago that then charged it once it shipped. I just didn't notice the refund at first.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
The information you see about "backorder" in your account info is baloney. I ordered 40 tins that were shown this way in my account, and still are, but they're being delivered tomorrow, supposedly.
Speaking of backordered items, does anyone know when Standard Tobacco of Pennsylvania's War Horse Bar will be back in stock at P&C?

Status
Not open for further replies.