PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjhabeeb

Lurker
Mar 18, 2017
So after doing a lot of research on pipes and pipe tobaccos, I finally decided to make my first purchase. After doing some price comparisons I decided on P&C (plus they look clearly linked to Cigars International which is my favorite cigar retailer). I guess I should have done a little more digging because after a week my order is still "processing". Not a great first impression on a first time customer, especially since i spent weeks researching this so i am very eager to smoke my first pipe. I guess I'll try the facebook message approach just to see if I can get a status update

pipebeast

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2016
Finally got my IPSD order yesterday. I noticed the double charge was removed but they forgot to put in the free coffee :( I was actually looking forward to trying that.

rjhabeeb

Lurker
Mar 18, 2017
so after a week with no update on the order I sent a facebook message Saturday night. I got a response this morning saying my order was next to get "picked" so i should be getting a shipping confirmation soon. A few hours later i received a shipping confirmation, i'm not convinced that it was just good timing but a tleast it is supposedly on its way now. I cant wait to smoke my first pipe so hopefully in less than a week you'll be seeing a post about my first experience. Although i should warn you that I think the first bowl is going to be Captain Black white in a cob.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
Yeah, rjhabeeb, they only "picked" mine after I messaged them on facebook too. And that's a full month after I ordered. There's no telling what part of my order is in the box yet, but the shipping manifesto indicates that it weighs a half pound, which if true would not be my complete order. I'll post again when I receive it.

And by the way; try to smoke that Captain Black very slowly. Welcome to the forums!

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I put in an order on January 18th for some Stokkebye bulk while it was on sale. I knew the one's I ordered were on backorder so I knew it was going to be a while before they had it back in stock.
Every few weeks I checked to see if it was in stock and three days ago I see it's in. I go to check on my order and my order no longer exists. I've got the order confirmation emails and the email from paypal saying I placed an order and that I won't be charged by PC until it ships.
So I emailed their customer support with the details and so far no response.
Also I noticed that those tobacco's are actually cheaper now so for shits and grins I put in another order and I'm waiting to see if it ever ships.
In the past the issues I've had they have promptly fixed. It seems like they are imploding. Completely fallen apart at the seams.
I certainly hope they can salvage this before they are out of business.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Quick update - received an email that my order was shipped, three business days after ordering (Sunday evening.) There is a tracking number in the email, but it hasn't updated yet.

mlb55

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
I'm still waiting on stuff ordered 5 weeks ago. They gave me a tracking number 2 weeks ago, but it hasn't left the building yet.
I'm just being patient, but I'm not buying anything else from them until they take care of these orders.

mlb55

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
Just got a shipping notice from P&C with a different tracking number than they gave me 2 weeks ago. I wonder what I'll get.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
Update:

My package arrived today. Enclosed was one tin of Capstan and a packing slip stating that the container contents consisted of a tin of Capstan and a pipe. Well there was no pipe.

I've sent a message via facebook, the only way they will respond evidently, and am awaiting a reply.

Will let you know what happens with this newest train wreck.

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
fg-07404.jpg

"Mama always said life is like an IPSD order from P&C..." Well, you guys get the rest.

davidy97

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
Tx
I got the balance of my order from feb a few days ago. Place a second order for the Dunhill sale and it shipped the next day. I will continue buying from them as long as the sales and discount codes keep coming along.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
I got a response yesterday. They acknowledged that they did not send the pipe. I'm sure I will never see it, but at least I (probably) won't get charged for it.

mlb55

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
I received some more of the items from my 3 IPSD weekend orders. They charged me the correct amount for the items I just received.
I'm still missing several other items. They were all in stock when I ordered them. Some of them show they are in stock right now.
I have not received any of the three free bags of coffee that were automatically added to my orders. I have not received credit for the $20 discount code I used that they had sent me as an apology for a previous screwed-up order.
Although there have been multiple comments in this thread about how they will make it right, I seriously doubt it.
I have not been overcharged for the items received. I have not been charged for the items not sent yet. I have just been stiffed on the $20 discount and the free coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.