PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I missed fixed blade Friday, so I'm either late or early for the next one. This is the Spyderco K294 Mule. I put some olive canvas micarta scales on it and can't wait to get it in the field this summer camping and fishing, then hunting in the fall. Pipe is a Ferndown lovat with Samarra 20th Anniversary.
PXL_20240611_021432939~2.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I think this is the only Benchmade I’ve got left, unless I’ve got a fixed tucked away in a hunting pack that hasn’t seen the light of day in years. Passed the rest of them down to my sons. My lovely wife actually bought me this one while on vacation. Anyway, enough of my rambling. View attachment 316989View attachment 316990
I considered buying one of those for my dad, who's an avid hunter.

When it comes to folders he's more of a traditional guy though. I'll usually gift him a new Case every couple years.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
I considered buying one of those for my dad, who's an avid hunter.

When it comes to folders he's more of a traditional guy though. I'll usually gift him a new Case every couple years.
Very nice of you! I’m hoping my boys do the same someday and I’ll be in knife heaven 😜🤣

I typically have two knives on me daily. One at the top of the pocket and one deep. The deep one is usually a traditional folder. C2374A4E-D7D2-4FCA-B4F6-013462520796.jpeg

ThomasS

Can't Leave
Apr 30, 2024
Bayfield, WI
So, for today's show and tell.

My very first attempt at a clay pipe! I didn't wedge the clay enough, sadly, and the stem broke off. The epoxy is pretty heat resistant but I don't plan to use this one again (gave it one smoke to see how well it worked - it's not bad!). Baking it might have damaged my heat-treating kiln, though :( I don't think it liked being at that high of a temperature for that long, since it's really meant for my knife-work, not clay.

The knife is a canister-damascus seax, made with a fun assortment of broken saw blades and cut-off chunks of various steel types. It's my first (and only, so far) successful canister, and I picked the shape to retain as much of the character of the metal as I could.

ShowStuffOff2.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
So, for today's show and tell.

My very first attempt at a clay pipe! I didn't wedge the clay enough, sadly, and the stem broke off. The epoxy is pretty heat resistant but I don't plan to use this one again (gave it one smoke to see how well it worked - it's not bad!). Baking it might have damaged my heat-treating kiln, though :( I don't think it liked being at that high of a temperature for that long, since it's really meant for my knife-work, not clay.

The knife is a canister-damascus seax, made with a fun assortment of broken saw blades and cut-off chunks of various steel types. It's my first (and only, so far) successful canister, and I picked the shape to retain as much of the character of the metal as I could.

View attachment 316997
@ThomasS Congratulations from the Clay King on your first homemade clay! I'd like to make one when I do a pottery class where I have access to a firing kiln. I like the knife as well! I've been Viking axe throwing recently at the Snake Room here in Chesterfield: The Snake Room | Urban Axe Throwing Venue in Chesterfield - https://snakeroom.co.uk/

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
ahUExeFl.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
It's Friday..

This little fixed blade is forged from Alabama Damascus w/ walnut scales. Especially liked the handmade, folksy look of its sheath. The maker was from NC I believe, Iron Roots Cutlery. Seems he's been inconsistent with his offerings over the years, but this one has been a constant for almost 10.
Definitely needs a good cleaning- it's got a lot of plug residue on the blade.

image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg