PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I missed “Fixed Blade Friday”…
Here’s a hunting set my buddy made me-hollow ground 80CrV, the little one, when not around my neck when hunting, hangs off my desk and was my main tobak slicer before he made my Nakiri/cleaver hybrid fit that task. The larger one disappears under the hip belt of my pack surprisingly comfortably.
With a sixties/early seventies MM Freehand, back when they used cob stems and fancy vulcanite bits.

IMG_0837.jpeg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
@bluegrassbrian show us your kitchen knives, my back of house brother.
Ok- regrettably it's Monday, so here's my work blades. I've found a simple setup of a chefs knife (gyuto in this case), a paring knife, and shears will easily take care of 95% of kitchen work.
If you're a baker, add a good serrated bread knife.

Anyway..
-Meglio gyuto in Magnacut/Micarta scales. I bought this after my old Phil Wheeler custom was stolen from my car. Overall I love it and have no plans to change any time soon.
-Anryu Hamono made by Anryu's nephew, Ikeda-San. Super Blue steel at 64 HRC. It's like a handheld laser.
-The shears came from a local knife store and I can't remember the brand. They're fantastic though. Two piece, easily sharpened, and HUGE finger holes.

image.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
In the pocket today is Old Faithful- a Benchmade 761(Monolock) in M390. First Production run #40/1000.
I've had this one for going on 8 years and it has taken everything I've thrown its way. No customization other than a low key ano job around 2017.
Shame this model was discontinued. It has features that are not common (the mono lock itself) and flat out unique (adjustable detent).
I'll likely own this knife until my life functions cease..

IMG_8802.jpegIMG_8800.jpegIMG_8798.jpeg