lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
5rajTv0l.jpg

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Seems ProTech has one of the most sterling reputations in the industry. I was never super drawn to autos though, just like OTFs.
That said, I've got a Rockeye coming to me today. Green handle with 3V blade- I couldn't resist that combo.

OTFs, by way of their inherent design, are forever doomed to have some level of blade play. All brands, makes and models.. we just have to live with it.
Eh, except maybe the Hawk Deadlocks. I've never handled one but I've heard they are rock solid.
Ive never tried the Hawks but would love to, the same goes for Marfione. The Buck 110’s are as sold as Ive found. My OTF’s are defensive/ offensive only. My old line of work had a lot of dick measuring competitions concerning toys as both the Military and Leo is notorious for creating gadget hounds. These days at home it’s Kershaw Leeks, 112’s and Doctors Knives that get the most use.
The OTF’s pair up with a handgun when leaving the house and also another gentleman's type blade in the opposite pocket for abuse.
I have a friend who owns a pretty good shop locally. PM me and I can get you some decent discounts.

Reactions: bluegrassbrian

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
For many years I bought a LOT of knives.
Benchmade, Spyderco, Bark River, CRKT, Case, Buck, Blue RIdge......
I always carried a different knife......
But, the last few years ive kept it simple. I realized I rarely need a blade, but I DID need other tools.
So now I carry either a Leatherman Charge+ TTI, or a leatherman Sidekick....depending on where im going.
I have not been without a an edc knife for 40 years.......or a edc firearm for 32 years. Don't judge, I live in a dangerous area!! :)

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
But, the last few years ive kept it simple. I realized I rarely need a blade, but I DID need other tools.
So now I carry either a Leatherman Charge+ TTI, or a leatherman Sidekick....depending on where im going.
I have not been without a an edc knife for 40 years.......or a edc firearm for 32 years. Don't judge, I live in a dangerous area!! :)
A wise man once said, "I'd rather be caught with than without."

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I love me my Bark Rivers!

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I'm impressed by what I've seen so far..

Smoking my usual to start the day -Steamworks - in the Ashton Brindle XX.
Accompanied by the Pro-Tech Rockeye in 3V.
Any folder with 3V steel gets my juices flowing. I love a tough carbon steel.

EDIT: Tomorrow is fixed blade Friday- plan accordingly. =]
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Well I've got quite a few knives and pipes too. I just grabbed a nice Mastro de Paja pipe that I like and put the three knives I use the most with it. I always have the little Swiss Army knife on my keychain with me as it has a very sharp blade with some other tools that are useful, but around the house I use my Sheffield lock back utility blade knife and my Opinel folding lock blade knife more than any others.
DSCF0874.jpeg