PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Well I've got quite a few knives and pipes too. I just grabbed a nice Mastro de Paja pipe that I like and put the three knives I use the most with it. I always have the little Swiss Army knife on my keychain with me as it has a very sharp blade with some other tools that are useful, but around the house I use my Sheffield lock back utility blade knife and my Opinel folding lock blade knife more than any others.
View attachment 315423
Love my Opinel knives.....and Mora.
Don't let anyone say you can't get a GREAT knife for under $20. :)

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Fixed blade Friday for me.. Busse Scrapyard WS1021.
For all the love Busse gets for their steels and build quality and guarantee, their edges are inconsistent from the shop. I had to put a new edge on it (20°) and took it up to just 1K grit. I could do surgery with it now.. if I had to. Knife Knerd alert- this is their SR101 steel which is very similar to 52100 plus their patented heat treat/temper/quench song and dance. Sadly, SR101 was discontinued in October of 2022.

Davide Iafisco bent w/silver con Steamworks.

image.jpg

Last edited:

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Not custom, but affordable puukko from Juha Perttula. Almost forgot I owned the thing till someone said puukko. Pipe is a Philip Trypis egg with Cobblestone Kentucky Plug. Old Grand-Dad Bonded with a trio of Luxardo cherries on the rocks. God I love Fridays !
View attachment 315705
Nice! I've been eyeballing one made by Rafael Trentin this week and I really DONT need it.

IMG_8787.jpeg

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Well honestly, who NEEDS another knife ? :ROFLMAO: Juha's blades are interesting because the spine is 50HRC, but he hardens the edge to 63HRC.

Reactions: PaulRVA