Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Little CRKT Minimalist up top and a custom folder below. Pictured with my Ropp J10. I’ve had this CRKT for many years now and it’s preformed very well. It gets used and abused. The folder a friend gave me for a birthday one year. The maker was a mutual friend of ours. He no longer makes knives. 13A589A0-E9C9-4338-9127-F123A06352B0.jpegAAC6386F-78A3-41A5-A82A-BFA23946063A.jpeg

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
I have always loved MacGyver (with Richard Dean Anderson) and so for the past 20+ years have carried the Swiss Army Climber in my pocket; as this was a favorite of his as depicted in the show. It is a solid all around knife with a variety of useful tools, and has served me well in a variety of situations. Although I have yet to diffuse an explosive device with the knife. IMG_4521.jpeg

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
943dlVDl.jpg

Wet Dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2023
Littleton, CO
🤤

So, Ebonite?
Most balls are polyurethane I think.. yet there's the brand Ebonite.
I have no idea what it is. I bought the knife directly from the maker at a knife show, and all he told me about the knife was that it was made from a bowling ball. I didn't enquire any further. The steel is S30V. Wouldn't ebonite oxidize? This one didn't.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
OTFs, by way of their inherent design, are forever doomed to have some level of blade play. All brands, makes and models.. we just have to live with it.
Eh, except maybe the Hawk Deadlocks. I've never handled one but I've heard they are rock solid.
is a result of using it over time and the stress that exerts on certain components that keep the blade centered? Can the blade play be corrected?

I just got my first OTF and it’s rock solid for now, but given the price I really expect some longevity and serviceability.

MY kit today is watch city stubb’s pipe in a MM cob, and an Aging Room Quattro Espressivo, which could’ve benefitted from some more time in the aging room IMO
image.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
is a result of using it over time and the stress that exerts on certain components that keep the blade centered? Can the blade play be corrected?

I just got my first OTF and it’s rock solid for now, but given the price I really expect some longevity and serviceability.

MY kit today is watch city stubb’s pipe in a MM cob, and an Aging Room Quattro Espressivo, which could’ve benefitted from some more time in the aging room IMO
View attachment 318700
I've heard the newest generation of Microtechs are super solid.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I've heard the newest generation of Microtechs are super solid.
Good to know be cause I like mine so much I was thinking about getting 2 more for my friends. I also want one of the Dirac models of theirs for me, which is where the switch is on the face of the grip, not the edge. Just waiting to see one spec’d how I want it…which makes me wonder are these things wildly popular and Microtech is having trouble meeting demand? Many of the models I was looking at are sold out. This thread makes me poor. I bought this the same day as the knife above after seeing all these great specimens.image.jpg