PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Good to know be cause I like mine so much I was thinking about getting 2 more for my friends. I also want one of the Dirac models of theirs for me, which is where the switch is on the face of the grip, not the edge. Just waiting to see one spec’d how I want it…which makes me wonder are these things wildly popular and Microtech is having trouble meeting demand? Many of the models I was looking at are sold out. This thread makes me poor. I bought this the same day as the knife above after seeing all these great specimens.View attachment 318768
Yes, they are wildly popular.
In fact, somewhere in this thread a member said his son works at Microtech. I'm waiting for the discount code.

Where are you shopping?
There's quite a few reputable sites out there.

I wouldn't mind picking up one of the new Cyphers or Troodons.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Yes, they are wildly popular.
In fact, somewhere in this thread a member said his son works at Microtech. I'm waiting for the discount code.

Where are you shopping?
There's quite a few reputable sites out there.

I wouldn't mind picking up one of the new Cyphers or Troodons.

I can see why these are popular. I find deploying and retracting the blade satisfying and perhaps mildly fascinating, like I’m a primate who has discovered a child’s toy. I was on blade HQ, mainly because I had heard of them before. I like all the variations in the blades and finishes they offer. Some of those Troodons look cool Go for it!

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
BladeHQ is very good, KnifeCenter too.
Gpknives dot com carries a decent selection, as does pvk dot com.

I agree it can be hard finding the right combo of blade shape and handle color/style.
There are good groups and sites for secondary market as well.
Thanks. I’ll explore their inventory next week and hopefully find a few winners.
This morning it’s C&D Red Hunt in a Savinelli and whatever this cheap knife isimage.jpg

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Yello Bole and a Tops FDX.45 for fixed blade Friday. I don’t normally carry a fixed blade of this size. This one stays attached to my grab and go bag. Unless I’ve got some work for it to do, then this is the one I usually grab. Surprisingly…my wife picked this out for me one year for Christmas! She’s the real edge in my life😉🤣.
3aa550a2-43a2-4d2a-b569-ae2bcef907cc-jpeg.318835
1A37DB92-3238-4F2F-B0EA-0CB4BEF33527.jpeg

Attachments

• 3AA550A2-43A2-4D2A-B569-AE2BCEF907CC.jpeg
    3AA550A2-43A2-4D2A-B569-AE2BCEF907CC.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 155

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Thanks. I actually love it and it was around $20. Good little plug cutter/cubing knife
I actually bought these for stocking stuffers last Christmas for the boys and I. Blade HQ had them on sale for 7.95. They are super sharp right out of the box. I didn’t like the “friction” in my folder and was try to smooth it up a bit and ended up ruining mine. Haven’t been able to get the friction back. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Definitely cool little blades though.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I actually bought these for stocking stuffers last Christmas for the boys and I. Blade HQ had them on sale for 7.95. They are super sharp right out of the box. I didn’t like the “friction” in my folder and was try to smooth it up a bit and ended up ruining mine. Haven’t been able to get the friction back. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Definitely cool little blades though.
I think I know what you mean they can be a little stiff. For the price I didn’t mind and with enough use it eases up some.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
BladeHQ is very good, KnifeCenter too.
Gpknives dot com carries a decent selection, as does pvk dot com.

I agree it can be hard finding the right combo of blade shape and handle color/style.
There are good groups and sites for secondary market as well.
i was going to order a knife from Knife Center but then they hit me with this stupid legal warning. I’m not even sure that this is true. Blade HQ didn’t tell me this stuff, and like KC, it would be the exact same scenario- shipping from VA to PA. Do you know if this text is outdated or something? IMG_1195.png

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
i was going to order a knife from Knife Center but then they hit me with this stupid legal warning. I’m not even sure that this is true. Blade HQ didn’t tell me this stuff, and like KC, it would be the exact same scenario- shipping from VA to PA. Do you know if this text is outdated or something? View attachment 319316
I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as they're willing to ship it to you, I don't see where USPS would interfere.

The buying and selling of OTFs were indeed held to strict guidelines for a long time, but seem to have loosened a lot lately.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as they're willing to ship it to you, I don't see where USPS would interfere.

The buying and selling of OTFs were indeed held to strict guidelines for a long time, but seem to have loosened a lot lately.
Thanks I appreciate that you concur with my inclination to order it with the responsibility being on me, which I’m fine with, knowing that my state recently made autos permissible.