PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
I now realise Hansom isn't the same as Gawith No. 27 Perique Flake but to be honest I'd still buy some even if it was as it has a special tin. I love special editions, i just can't resist, I think it might be to do with my addictive personality and also because I'm a sucker.

*Bring Bring, Bring Bring*
-"Hello?"
-"Hi is that Chris?"
-"Speaking."
-"Hello there, this is the Tobacco Shop. We're just ringing round letting our 'special' customers know we've got a new limited edition tobacco in stock."
-"Sounds interesting, what is it?"
-"Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia special edition."
-"Wow that does sound interesting! Is it a plug instead of a flake? Like the Old Dark Fired one they did last year?"
-"No It's the same as regular HH Pure Virginia but.......... The tins are numbered!"
-"Wait a minute let me get this straight, it's exactly the same tobacco inside the tin as regular Pure Virginia?"
-"Yes, but......... The tins are numbered!"
-"Yeah I'm not interested, that's nonsense!"
-"Ahhh but the tins are numbered 0001 to 9999 which means there's a very, very, very slight chance you'd get a tin with your birthday on! 0602 isn't it?"
-"Yes, yes it is. Ummm yeah I'm definitely interested, errr I'll have to move some things around, sell the family silver and see if the bloodbank is still open. To be honest I'd get down the red light district and sell my arse but I'm afraid I could work there all day and not raise enough for a single tin."
-"Ugly are we Sir?"
-"Yeah just a bit. Give me an hour to sort something out but I'll tell you now I'll take at least a 100 tins, more if I can raise the funds."
-"Look seeing as you're a very special customer I'll give you an hour but hurry! They're going like hot cakes because....... The tins are numbered!"
-"Yeah you don't need to keep saying that as I'm sold. What rational human being wouldn't be? Just a quick question before you go, do they buy people's kidneys down the bloodbank?"
-"I don't think so Sir but it's worth a try, what with........The tins being"
-"Numbered, yes I know. Speak to you in an hour."
-"Hurry Sir there's someone on the other line who wants a 1000.
-"Ok ok! I'm going I'm going! Speak to you soon, oh and thanks for thinking of me, bye."
*CLICK*

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Hah
I now realise Hansom isn't the same as Gawith No. 27 Perique Flake but to be honest I'd still buy some even if it was as it has a special tin. I love special editions, i just can't resist, I think it might be to do with my addictive personality and also because I'm a sucker.

*Bring Bring, Bring Bring*
-"Hello?"
-"Hi is that Chris?"
-"Speaking."
-"Hello there, this is the Tobacco Shop. We're just ringing round letting our 'special' customers know we've got a new limited edition tobacco in stock."
-"Sounds interesting, what is it?"
-"Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia special edition."
-"Wow that does sound interesting! Is it a plug instead of a flake? Like the Old Dark Fired one they did last year?"
-"No It's the same as regular HH Pure Virginia but.......... The tins are numbered!"
-"Wait a minute let me get this straight, it's exactly the same tobacco inside the tin as regular Pure Virginia?"
-"Yes, but......... The tins are numbered!"
-"Yeah I'm not interested, that's nonsense!"
-"Ahhh but the tins are numbered 0001 to 9999 which means there's a very, very, very slight chance you'd get a tin with your birthday on! 0602 isn't it?"
-"Yes, yes it is. Ummm yeah I'm definitely interested, errr I'll have to move some things around, sell the family silver and see if the bloodbank is still open. To be honest I'd get down the red light district and sell my arse but I'm afraid I could work there all day and not raise enough for a single tin."
-"Ugly are we Sir?"
-"Yeah just a bit. Give me an hour to sort something out but I'll tell you now I'll take at least a 100 tins, more if I can raise the funds."
-"Look seeing as you're a very special customer I'll give you an hour but hurry! They're going like hot cakes because....... The tins are numbered!"
-"Yeah you don't need to keep saying that as I'm sold. What rational human being wouldn't be? Just a quick question before you go, do they buy people's kidneys down the bloodbank?"
-"I don't think so Sir but it's worth a try, what with........The tins being"
-"Numbered, yes I know. Speak to you in an hour."
-"Hurry Sir there's someone on the other line who wants a 1000.
-"Ok ok! I'm going I'm going! Speak to you soon, oh and thanks for thinking of me, bye."
*CLICK*
Hahahaha get out of my diary!

• Haha
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
So, I was preparing to put my Hansom flake tins in the cellar when all of a sudden one of the tin lids just fell off, so, I opened them all and jarred them. About half of them had an intact seal... and the other half were just glued on haha. WTF! Buyer beware... these new tins are NOT for long term storage. Haven’t smoked any of this yet, but holy crap it smells like it should be named chocolate flake. Pure cocoa smell as mentioned above. The leaf looks like typical SG quality, but I sure as shit hope I didn’t just order 10 tins of a chocolate aromatic!!! Lol
I didn't get any chocolate flavor in the smoke, personally.

Reactions: dcon

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Got mine today completely intact with nary a dent, swaddled in a double layer of bubble wrap, and in a very snugly packed box. The tin I popped had a good seal. (Not gloating, just, ahem, saying.) I've only had one bowl so far, but it was very tasty. I'm glad I got a few tins. Gonna stick the rest in mylar and see what happens.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Interesting. Mine all smelled like straight cocoa. Who knows... maybe they used cocoa flavored superglue to “seal” those tins.
I got the cocoa tin note off the flakes, but in the smoke not so much.
It's a good smoke though. Strong enough it's not an all day for me.

Reactions: dcon

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Smoking my 2nd bowl and it’s growing on me. Nic hit is light. Room note is good. Could be a decent morning blend. Definitely different. Won’t replace my SJF!

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Pretty peppery on the 1st third, then seems to transition to sweet and floraly. Wouldn’t call this an aromatic... maybe more of a aromatic-vaper transitional blend.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.