PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
I do taste a faint hint 2nd half of the bowl. I don’t taste really any of the dark chocolate note in the smoke. 1st half to me breast and figgy, second half a little stronger with very light Lakeland in the background.
It does look suspiciously like No. 27 so it wouldn't surprise me if it is. I don't really see why they renamed it though or added a tinsy touch of Lakeland to it (if they indeed did). Why not just do a deal to be the exclusive American retailer of No. 27 and call it what it is? I suppose they have their reasons.
Still the important thing is you get to smoke a great Gawith Vaper, whatever it's called :).

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It does look suspiciously like No. 27 so it wouldn't surprise me if it is. I don't really see why they renamed it though or added a tinsy touch of Lakeland to it (if they indeed did). Why not just do a deal to be the exclusive American retailer of No. 27 and call it what it is? I suppose they have their reasons.
Still the important thing is you get to smoke a great Gawith Vaper, whatever it's called :).
Yes. Definitely a decent smoke. Not blowing my socks off yet or anything but I’m going to give it a few more tries.

maybe it’s the first lot of 27 they pressed that got tainted with very slight Lakeland from a previous product?

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
Yes. Definitely a decent smoke. Not blowing my socks off yet or anything but I’m going to give it a few more tries.

maybe it’s the first lot of 27 they pressed that got tainted with very slight Lakeland from a previous product?
I only had a 12.5g sample and wasn't blown away with my first bowl but by the end I was liking it more and more. I'd definitely like to see what a few years age would do to it, if it's like St James it'd get even better and maybe 'grow' a fine dusting of crystals.
If it is No. 27 Perique Flake its got me wondering if maybe they'll do a similar thing with the other 2 blends in the series, Bourbon Flake and Brown House Roll Cut.
I haven't tried the Roll Cut yet but the Bourbon Flake was easily the tastiest Whiskey flavoured tobacco I've tried so far so here's hoping they bring that over next.

Reactions: artvandelay007

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I have smoked 3 bowls of it thus far and I like it. The retrohale has a nice kick to it plus everything going for it I wrote earlier. Question for me is.....This a one time order or going to be a regular product from P&C?

I trust the tins unopened, they survived P&C shipping and are harder to get open, but easier to dent. “Let’s get thinner gauge metal and use that for the P&C order guys.”Once open though...straight to a jar.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I just jarred this after letting it set in the tin the last couple of days. When I removed the lid I was really hit with the chocolate. This is a strange one. I have not smoked another bowl. I am planning on giving it a week or so, in the jar before hitting it again. I did not get any taste of chocolate and only the slightest bit of Lakeland on the retrohale. I really want to see what this one does after a short sit. I will probably buy more just because the leaf quality is so outstanding.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Just finished my first bowl. I gave it about 2.5 hours to dry after a light shredding.

The initial light and first 1/3rd of the bowl had the sharpness of the Perique with an underlying sweetness of Virginia and a note of melon and a similar flavor to FVF. The Perique wasn’t overpowering though.

The profile changed to a rich, dark carmelized brown sugar and fig flavor with a biscuit note from the Virginia on top. burned well with very few relights - and only because I set the pipe down for several minutes.

Leaves a pleasant aftertaste of dark stewed fruit and dates, figs on the palate (and my clothes - but my wife doesn’t share my enthusiasm.)

Definitely has a larger percentage of Perique in the mix, but it’s not on the same scale as WCC’s Old Dominion.

For what it is, I give it 3.5 out of 4 stars. Looking forward to smoking a few more.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Mine arrived in NY this morning with one dispatched to me Florida so I'll share my thoughts when I get it but it sounds like something I probably won't get enthused about but you never know.

Reactions: dcon and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I just jarred this after letting it set in the tin the last couple of days. When I removed the lid I was really hit with the chocolate. This is a strange one. I have not smoked another bowl. I am planning on giving it a week or so, in the jar before hitting it again. I did not get any taste of chocolate and only the slightest bit of Lakeland on the retrohale. I really want to see what this one does after a short sit. I will probably buy more just because the leaf quality is so outstanding.
Had the exact same experience.

Reactions: dcon
Oct 7, 2016
I only had a 12.5g sample and wasn't blown away with my first bowl but by the end I was liking it more and more. I'd definitely like to see what a few years age would do to it, if it's like St James it'd get even better and maybe 'grow' a fine dusting of crystals.
If it is No. 27 Perique Flake its got me wondering if maybe they'll do a similar thing with the other 2 blends in the series, Bourbon Flake and Brown House Roll Cut.
I haven't tried the Roll Cut yet but the Bourbon Flake was easily the tastiest Whiskey flavoured tobacco I've tried so far so here's hoping they bring that over next.
Hansom is not Reunion Series #27 Lowther Street. The Reunion Series will be tinned and exported when other packaging changes have been fully implemented. Perhaps they will be able to be sold in the US, perhaps not. I can’t answer any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.