PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
There she is! I love this lighter the more I use it. Still haven’t even taken the Line 2 out of the wrapping!

Now I’m waiting on you to have one of the paladium coated Line 1 talls so I can throw more money at you!

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
There she is! I love this lighter the more I use it. Still haven’t even taken the Line 2 out of the wrapping!
Yup, I love my Line1 as well. Are you going to give the L2 to your dad? You might want to use my guide & set it up yourself first, just so you can help him out if he needs it.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Yup, I love my Line1 as well. Are you going to give the L2 to your dad? You might want to use my guide & set it up yourself first, just so you can help him out if he needs it.

I haven’t made my mind up, yet. I like him, but that thing is sweet! I brought the topic up not too long ago and he’s pretty hell-bent on torches.

We’ll see. His birthday was Monday and I didn’t give it to him then. Supposed to go to Scotland with him in a few months. If I’m gonna, it’ll be then.

Reactions: EA-6B

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
I haven’t made my mind up, yet. I like him, but that thing is sweet! I brought the topic up not too long ago and he’s pretty hell-bent on torches.

We’ll see. His birthday was Monday and I didn’t give it to him then. Supposed to go to Scotland with him in a few months. If I’m gonna, it’ll be then.
=) It is pretty sweet. Either way, best thing to do is to at least put some butane in it now if you haven't yet, as they don't like to sit empty. They really don't like to sit at all, but worse is sitting empty, vs. sitting full. Keep those new seals happy with some gas in there.

:col:

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
=) It is pretty sweet. Either way, best thing to do is to at least put some butane in it now if you haven't yet, as they don't like to sit empty. They really don't like to sit at all, but worse is sitting empty, vs. sitting full. Keep those new seals happy with some gas in there.

:col:

Will do. Time to start pinging, I suppose.

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Here are a couple sent out from my recent sales thread.
Enjoy, especially if you got one!

Silver plated Line 1 Tall w/ Pipe-Flame nozzle ( 19EPU34 )
(Shown with Standard-Flame nozzle) :

LighterC.JPG

Silver plated Line 1 Tall w/ Pipe-Flame nozzle ( 1AKAU23 )
(Shown with Standard-Flame nozzle) :

LighterB.JPG

??

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Here are a couple more sent out from my recent sales thread.
Enjoy, especially if you got one!

Silver plated Line1 Tall w/ Pipe-Flame nozzle ( M5CB43 ) :
P1080161.JPG

Palladium plated Line1 Short ( 1G4CS87 ) :
LighterD.JPG

??

Reactions: dcon

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Some refreshed units sent out recently. Enjoy, especially if you got one:

Silver plated Line1 Short w/ gold plated hardware & Standard-Flame nozzle (15KFH07) :
Craig.JPG

Silver plated Line2 Short w/ V-Flame Cigar-Flame nozzle (82EET18) :
David.JPG

Gold plated Line1 Short w/ Standard-Flame nozzle (E4CKI7) :
Jason.JPG

Silver plated Line1 Tall w/ Standard-Flame nozzle (19LRH53) :

Phil.JPG

Silver plated Line1 Tall w/ gold plated hardware & Standard-Flame nozzle (P6BB76) :

Lighter2.JPG

?????

Reactions: dcon and jpmcwjr

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I really soured on DuPont when they said they wouldn't repair my DuPont Extend with the OpusX logo but they'd give me another lighter. What kind of crap service is that?? I send them an Opus X lighter and they want to send me back one of their generic lighters.

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
one of their generic lighters.
I can't speak for ST Dupont but they probably offered you what they could have, based on what you had & your warranty.
I think that they subbed the manufacture of those mini & maxi jets out pretty quickly. Was yours Made in France, or Made in China? I pretty much see all of those models as their "generic lighters" anyway. The second you start putting piezo, &/or a torch-flame in there, it becomes cheap to me - even if the first ones were Made in France. =) =) =)
The OpusX branding may have been a limited offering. Also, I'm not sure how serviceable those Mini/Maxi models are. Getting the same thing back If they had already moved on to a newer model by the time yours came in for warranty replacement may have been impossible.

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
...any idea if this is real or fake...
Probably a counterfeit - but not one that I've seen before, so you should check with S.T. Dupont for better help. It looks like it's trying to mimic a LineD on the bottom, & a Cartier Pentagon with the angled side-panel. Also I've never heard of a authentic units using imitation stones, so if it has "costume diamonds", then that would tell you.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
PSA : It looks like there are now counterfeit Line1 & Soubreny lighters being sold online. These are brand-new Soubreny & Line1 Short counterfeits. These are the first counterfeit Line1 & Soubreny units that I have seen. Buyers of authentic units beware.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
This thread is intended for Dupont lighters, but here's what you get inside of a Pipemaster. Piezo & plastic. No thanks.
View attachment 71879
:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:
Sorry I forgot to post the picture of my Duponts I believe. From left to right are all Duponts. The next one on the right is a Davidoff pipe lighter made by Dupont. Sorry for the lousy pic but I suck at taking pictures.

The first 5 from right to left are Duponts.

Reactions: dcon

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
PSA : It looks like there are now counterfeit Line1 & Soubreny lighters being sold online. These are brand-new Soubreny & Line1 Short counterfeits. These are the first counterfeit Line1 & Soubreny units that I have seen. Buyers of authentic units beware.
Have you got any new stock? Thanks!

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Have you got any new stock? Thanks!
I haven't been finding much that I want to buy these days.
I'm still trying to buy a whole box full of Line1 Pipe-Flame nozzles, those are at the top of my list right now.