PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Like the "What Are You Smoking" thread, this is a good one for reminders on old friends (blends) and some I've never heard of, to check online for constituent tobaccos. With a bowl or two a day, and days off now and again, I don't need to stock up, but I still enjoy knowing what's out there. This is the place!

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
This is December's drop....On it's way for the cellar- 20 Tin's Sutliff: Cringle Flake, 1lb Sutliff Matured Red Virginia 515 RC-1

View attachment 14577

You know, having all that Esoterica/Germain in one place has been known to cause testicular cancer. You should send me the English blend to watch over for you just to keep you safe.

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
Order from Estervals arrived today and included (like the last 2) an additional 100g "sample" of W.Ø. Larsen Craftsmans Edition 152 Years Pipe tobacco 100g .. very much appreciated!
Can't wait to try the Night Owl.. but first need to finish at least one of my open 16 or so blends..

HU-tobacco Night Owl 50g 2x
HU-tobacco OWB Directors Cut 100g
HU-tobacco OWB Nashville County 100g
HU-tobacco UP Haymaker Flake 50g
Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls 50g
Rattrays Marlin Flake 100g 2x
Rattrays Hal O The Wynd 100g 2x
Rattrays Old Gowrie 100g
Rattrays Exotic Passion (Exotic Orange) 100g

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Jun 9, 2018
England
They said that they're never going to make it again. Something about not being able to get some of the ingredients any longer.

Here is a review that I did of it a long time ago when it was still being made:

Samuel Gawith Braken Flake - Pipe Tobacco Review

From your review it sounds like it'll be right up my alley. I didn't know they weren't going to make it anymore, that's a shame.
I've got a few blends on hand to try first but by the sounds of it it'll be an interesting addition to my little cellar.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
We're these from private sellers, I haven't seen them online for quite some time! Nice haul, either way!
The Germain’s? There was a drop over the past few weeks. I got all of that from Tobacco Pipes.Sign up for notifications there and Smoking Pipes. If you can make a shipping buddy you can get all you want from the UK. A lot more expensive and not in tins...if that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.