PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Julius, I don't think You would not need to do so, these will keep well and smokable condition just as they come,I have some 5-year-old St Brunos in foiled containers and they still remaining fresh

Good to know, Paul. Thanks for chiming in... I'll think that over, but I have to do so with some of the Amphoras I recently bought, because I saw, that their pouches are definitely not sealed properly and maybe I'll proceed the same with the Germain. But maybe I'll simply put the whole pack of Germain in a jar. That should be enough.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Good to know, Paul. Thanks for chiming in... I'll think that over, but I have to do so with some of the Amphoras I recently bought, because I saw, that their pouches are definitely not sealed properly and maybe I'll proceed the same with the Germain. But maybe I'll simply put the whole pack of Germain in a jar. That should be enough.
As far as Amphoras go,there is no worries either, those are coming today in high-quality gold foiled pouches similarly to ST Bruno Ready Rubbed, based on my experience these will keep well two years at least, Though the Amphora Burley Blend comes in a bit drier condition in comparison to other Amphora offerings

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
I’d just inspect all the seams and look for pin holes. If you don’t handle them much they’ll be ok. On the other hand you can just throw the whole thing in a Mylar for peace of mine if you want.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I only get so much allowance from my wife, but here’s my humble haul after saving up plus Christmas money from my Dad (thanks Dad!!!)

Were it not for deeming (FDA), I’d have gone wider on blends. As it stands I’m cellaring deep on things I know I love. This haul brings me to “almost comfortable” on these blends in the picture.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Oh, I see, and while aesthetics are lacking, it'll probably store well.

Yeah, tins —nice ones that is, without all the dire warnings— are going the way of the Dodo bird. Damn!
Which is weird when you consider that tins are far more environmentally sound compared to plastic/mylar/etc. Everyone today is looking to green wash their products.... Or maybe not.

Reactions: burleyboy and Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.