PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Max! Well said. Maybe, if everybody on the forum joins in, we all could talk Phil into eating something that dyes his saliva some weird color like purple. Then have him clean his pipe and check the color of the goop. I bet it won't be purplish. Waddaya say, Phil? ...I mean, in the interests of science!

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Maybe I am not a wet smoker, even with a heavily cased aromatic I never use more than 2 cleaners. I think my next pipe is going to be a non-filter pipe. I made an offer on a Meerschaum that my local B&M has had on his shelf since '01.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I want thank everyone for showing your great pipes. I may never be able to have a really nice pipe, but I can live vicariously through you guys. I also have learned so much about pipes in general. Thanks.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
I totally agree, The top of the line of my rotation is a $60 pipe. I don't think you should have to spend a ton of money to enjoy pipe smoking. I find myself smoking my MM cobs more than my other pipes, go figure they only cost $4 something a piece. The other day I was picking up a pouch of PA at the local discount tobacco store, I saw they had a broke maple wood pipe. I asked the girl how much they wanted for it, she said .35. I thought what the hell so I bought it. I got it home and split the end of the wood shank a tiny bit with a sharp chisel and wedged a piece of splintered hard wood it and stuck it back in the pipe. TA DAH fixed the cheapest pipe I ever bought. Tried it out yesterday and it smokes decent. It has a rather small bowl, but will be great for short smokes. Guess it all depends on what you like and are willing to try.
P.S. Phl if you dye your mouth please post pics.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
In March when my 8th 39th birthday comes round, I am getting a new pipe. I have set the max at $75. You would think I was buying a new car. I have seen some really nice pipes in that range. By many big name brands.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
HA, didn't think you would do it. What did you use? Smoke a pipe now and see if you get green goop in it.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
My Dr. Grabow is a "nice" pipe. I love smoking it. Of course, you know that some of these freehand signature pipes can run from 500 to over 2000k. If I win the lottery, I am going to run to Walmart and get one. A candy apple 1972 Cadillac convertable too.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Tall bowls smoke as the same as the rest of the corn cobs.

The Tall bowls are Great for flakes I love them.
Corn Cob Tip:

One way to avoid Corn Cobs from going sour is to store them with the Stems pointed down so all of the moisture will run out of the stem instead of sitting in the bowl. And put "Pipe Mud" in the bottom of the bowl.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
I read that cigar ash works the best.
Put some water in the Cigar ash put the ash in the bottom of the pipe and let the ash dry for 3 or 4 days

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Two new additions to my rotatation. The first is an early production Willmer Extra Grain AB with a hand cut vulcanite stem. 'Tis a large pipe at 6 1/8" long and 2 1/8" high. It is rather light for it's size at 1.9 oz. It LOVES McCelland's 5110.
DSC_0204.jpg

The next is a new Peterson's System Standard 312.
DSC_0199.jpg

That is the last time I'll use a black background!

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Chuck those are nice, I really like the peterson ( I'm partial to bents when it comes to briars). Phil have you smoked the nose warmers yet? If so how do they smoke, I'm think of having some of the short stems made.

Status
Not open for further replies.