PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
delete4-600x450.jpg

delete3-600x450.jpg

I got a New Stem for the Cob below.......

delete-21-600x450.jpg

So I customized the old one.

delete1-600x450.jpg

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Love it.
I might not buy another pipe for a long time or at least until they go sour.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
192.jpg

The left from top to bottom are: Bjarne viking classic, Medico medalist, Dr.Grabow omega, Jansen of New orleans.
The right from top to bottom: MM Cob, Romeo and juliet maple pipe I paid .39 for, MM Cob, MM Maple wood pipe, Liberty.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Hey Sapo can you take your Dr. Grabow Omega apart because; I bought one for my Grandpa and I was going to take the filter out but I could not remove the stem.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Nice collection Sapo!
Ghost, put the pipe in the freezer for a few hours so that the briar constricts a little and it should help you remove the stem. Unless it is a screw out stem in which case turn it counter clockwise. I am not familiar with the Omega pipes, so I am not sure if it is a screw in stem or not.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Try Bob's suggestion ghost, I've never had a problem getting mine apart. I bought it as an estate lot off e-bay along with the small liberty pipe. I paid $15 for both of them.

rs422

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
Here are a few of my pipes.

More to be added soon.

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/rs422/album

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
In my opinion the maple pipes smoke pretty good for what they are. I don't have any moisture problems with them at all. I try to smoke them slow, and have found they are good for flakes. My only problem with them would be the small bowl size. If you want a decent knock around pipe I would recommend one.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Yes Ron. That Ken Sturgill shoe pipe is a real hoot! I've had some pipes that tasted like an old shoe, but none that ever looked like one!

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Finally got some pictures uploaded. Has anybody else noticed that it is nearly impossible to get really good pictures of your pipes?
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/bytor/album

Status
Not open for further replies.