PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Looks as though I was correct. The pipe pics were posted yayyyy. I suppose I could have just posted the links to the individual pics. Oh well, if anything, it was a learning experience. Now I know how to add pics to posts.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Does this bring you to my album? Bear with me, I am just figuring out picture posting. I wanted to be able to just drop a link to my album so that folks could see full size pics. Please let me know if this works.
Link to my album

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Thanks Hobie. I would post art work if you want something to look at, but it doesn't seem appropriate for a pipe smoking forum. Hell I have so much artwork on this hard drive that I could post an original every day. The daily ohin3 art show...hmmm...that would be a good thread to start for all of the artists and hobbyists who want to post their art or pics of the results or process involved in their creative endeavours. Anyone object?
@Pstlpkr: I immediately get a Tex Avery like vision of some rediculously overdone cartoon character wielding an impossibly gigantic hammer made of spam.
@Classicgeek: I obviously am attracted to smaller lighter classically shaped pipes. That Savinelli is the one that sticks out like a sore thumb. It's a large heavy pipe. I tend to smoke English mixtures from it while I'm at home. It was rather problematic in it's first year or so of use. Over the next few years it became a good smoker. The Stem, however, is getting more and more loose with every smoke. Not the first Savinelli I have had stem loosening problems with. I will probably steer away from Savinelli in favour of Stanwell, and probably start getting into Petersons as well. I have been trying to be good and save my pipe budget for some higher end pipes that I have been drooling over. Namely Ardor, Castello, Radice, Eltang, Ashton and Dunhill. But, If I know me, I will cave in and buy a couple Stanwells and Petersons before I can justify spending that much on a pipe.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
You guys let me know if my off topic is not wanted on here....I usually see that most forums have a General Discussion section that indicates you can talk about sports, weather, politics, etc. That's why I usually like to have several photo threads to break up the monotony of talking about the same things over and over like most forums have.( where off topic is not allowed ).
I personally love the artwork of Murad -one of our newest members- and it would be a shame to have rules that would prohibit us from enjoying it just because it doesn't have a picture of a pipe in it.

raf66

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2010
Happy belated Independence Day everyone. I just picked up my first Comoy and she smokes like a dream.
DSCF1183.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hey raf, nice pipe. Go to photobucket and hit the "resize" tab. 250-500 pixels should be just fine. Don't change anything here at pipesMagazine.com; it'll still look large to you because of Window's™ temporary image caching, but everyone else will see the resized image from photobucket.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I like the big pic. When I saw it I was like, whoah that's a big friggin pic...buddy must not know how to resize a pic... ... ...why can't I stop staring at it...I LOVE the big pic ! ! !

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
I agree. The Pipes that are showing up around here

are a real treat to see.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have posted the below in the "Whatcha Smokin'" string.

But, it really belongs here.
ErikNording7.jpg

My Dad's old Erik Nording Signature #7 is in the lower left corner.

The others from top to bottom:

Fat Apple Cavicchi

Brebbia Lectura Churchwarden

and my 20 year old MM cob

raf66

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2010
Very nice pstlpkr. That Erik Nording Signature #7 is one beautiful pipe.

farmgent

Lurker
Jun 28, 2010
Beautiful pipe pstipkr! All of the pipes in this thread are really nice. You guys are giving me a case of PAD. Now what do I buy the wife to keep myself out of trouble for buying another pipe. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.