PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjn75

Lurker
Apr 9, 2014
Howdy from Texas! I have been an avid cigar smoker for years and a few months back decided to give a pipe a try. Needless to say I fell in love with it and now have two tobacco hobbies. I really enjoy English blends and VaPers but I like a few aromatics as well. I am quickly filling a cabinet of varies blends. I am an avid fisherman and prefer fly fishing over chucking bait. I am also a duck hunting addict. I look forward to enjoying the forums here and getting to know you all. I am an active member of a cigar forum that I believe a few others here are members of as well.

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
Hello, my name is christopher, looking to get into the pipe making fan club. Ill be asking lots of questions and maybe get enough supplies togather to make some cool good pipes from many type of items.

jeffsimpson

Might Stick Around
Apr 12, 2014
Howdy, my name's Jeff and I'm pretty new to pipe smoking. I've done it on occasion for the last 3 years or so but haven't tried many tobaccos apart from some cheap drug mart aromatics (captain black) and one or two others.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Howdy Jeffsimpson.Welcome to the Forums!
I'm a long time pipe man (almost fifty years) and would encourage you to get a solid pipe (can be had for $50+) and some tobacco and smoke slowly. Slow down the pace of our hectic frenetic society and enjoy the simple things around you, especially the Forum threads. Ask questions if you've got them or just read the many different voices who post here.
Where do you hail from? I'm a "Terry come lately" to Virginia. Only been here thirty five years and most think I'm still a visitor.
Best wishes!

acadianangler

Lurker
Apr 14, 2014
Hello. Name is Blaine 48, live in Fredericton NB Canada.I can still remember my first pipe smoke .An old corn cob pipe with dry cigarette tobacco Yuk.. I have progressed.Want to learn how to restore some of my old pipes and looks like this is a good place to start.

diana

Lurker
Apr 15, 2014
I apparently am a rude prude having not introduced myself properly. Lol Diana live in L.A. I caught the pipe fever after the snuff and my grandfather. It runs in the family I suppose. I love long walks on the beach...lol kidding. All joking aside, I think I signed up a couple years back and never got to posting so I resigned up and stopped lurking! I like this forum. Lots of good info and suggestions. Thanks for having me!

jdmack09

Lurker
Apr 15, 2014
Hello Everyone,
My Name is JD, and I am brand new to Pipe Smoking. The People on this forum have been very helpful already on suggestions and advice for getting a starter kit. I am currently waiting, very impatiently, for it to arrive in the mail. Once it arrives I'll be sure to post a few pictures of the Pipes, Tobacco, and my first smoke with my own pipes.
Here's a Little more about me:

I am 24 years old. I am originally from Colorado. Currently I am in the United States Army and deployed in Afghanistan. I have been in the Army for 5 years and I do very much enjoy serving. I wanted to take up pipe smoking after smoking a buddy's pipe here in Afghanistan. I found it much more relaxing and beneficial then smoking cigarettes. Cigarettes are too robotic, quick, and not really Relaxing.
I Look forward to gaining more knowledge in the forums, and meeting people on this forum. I've already had a warm welcome from one of my topics in the Newbie section of the forum. Thank you all very much.

dutchronin

Lurker
Apr 16, 2014
Hello all!
Yet another new member on the forums :D As my nickname suggests, I'm not from the US, but The Netherlands. The country where everything is possible, but the tobacco twice as expensive and the gasoline seriously overpriced :)

38 years old, smoking pipe for about half a year now.
Collecting pipes when I was a teenager I had a good start as a pipe smoker, I just dug out the old box and took out 5 pipes (2 Butz Choquin's, 2 Missouri Meerschaums and a brandless little thing), bought a pouch of Mac Baren Golden Blend and off I went!
Have had PAD ever since, but doing so on a budget. Most of the time that makes me buy inherited pipes or old collections from grandpa's time. I LOVE cleaning and restoring them and every new purchase is a new adventure when it comes to brands you'll discover. Now all I need to do is get my polishing equipment and I'll soon have all 32 pipes freshly waxed and shiny. Yes, I did say 32 and that's just the Briars ;)
I stumbled upon pipesmagazine a while ago while doing research on a few pipes I bought and been a regular visitor to the forums ever since, lurking in a corner. Today I thought why not just register and participate!

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Hello everyone, i thought i had posted here when i first registered but i don't think i did. So my name is Tim, i registered a while back, bought a cob, then quit smoking cigarettes, so i did not smoke a pipe for a while. Now its been a couple monrhs amd i still don't smoke cigs. I have been enjoying a pipe lately though. Looking forward to learning from all the good folks on this forum. Thanks.

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Hello everyone, i thought i had posted here when i first registered but i don't think i did. So my name is Tim, i registered a while back, bought a cob, then quit smoking cigarettes, so i did not smoke a pipe for a while. Now its been a couple monrhs amd i still don't smoke cigs. I have been enjoying a pipe lately though. Looking forward to learning from all the good folks on this forum. Thanks.

ragnar

Lurker
Apr 17, 2014
Skol! I'm 32, live in Maine, USA and just started enjoying pipe tobacco last fall, after years of enjoying cigars. I served in the Navy on nuclear submarines for 10 years and am now out and enjoying the good life with my family. I'm primarily into english tobacco's but enjoy the occasional aromatic as well. I've got a growing collectiong of cob's and bought my first briar -- a kaywoodie drinkless billiard that I've been enjoying greatly.

joshoowah

Lurker
Apr 17, 2014
Greetings from Nairobi, Kenya! My name is Joshua. I am 28, and I have been smoking a pipe for around three years now. I am originally from Northern Alabama, and currently serve in Kenya with my wife and am finishing up my Masters of Divinity. I have around 14 pipes, but only 4 in Kenya with me. My tobacco preferences are mostly English/Balkan: Frog Morton, SPC Plum Pudding, Blue Mountain, In-B-Tween Mixture, and Three Oaks Syrian to name a few.
Glad to be here.

transmutated

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2014
Hi, I suppose I should say something here. I am a 32 year old new pipe smoker (as of early January 2014) and live in Notting Hill in London. I have several cheap briar pipes purchased from the bowls of pipe/cigar shop JJFox as well as a beautiful old cherrywood pipe my girlfriend got me for my birthday (though I never smoke it 'cos the bowl is stupidly small). I have recently discovered the joy of MM Corn Cobs; really really really great. I bought a second hand Peterson Standard System for £5 from a bric-a-brac shop on my road and after using almost 100 pipe cleaners and Falcon Spray AND rum, I got it to a decent enough condition to smoke...and I hate it, I never smoke it. Aside from disliking the system itself, I think I just prefer straight pipes.

I have to admit that I am struggling to enjoy tobaccos that aren't Dunhill but I will keep trying (smoking SG 1792 Flake was a fun experience but seemed closer to hard drugs than a relaxing smoke). I absolutely love smoking Dunhill Royal Yacht, Nightcap and Flake.

Also, I like music. All sorts.

Cheers.

brunozip

Lurker
Apr 18, 2014
Hey everyone,

so... i've been reading the forum and the website for some years, but somehow ive never joined it.

Now i did. :)

Well...i've been smoking pipes for about 6 years now and my go-to tobaccos are Frog Morton's Cellar and EMP and my favorite pipe is a Savinelli Oscar

Here where i live (Brazil) pipe related things are really difficult (if you don't want to spend lots of cash in borkum riff and captain black) and kinda expensive (like 30~35 dollars a 50g regular tin) but VERY difficult to get.

Anyway... glad to meet you all :D

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
Greetings,
My name is Elliott, but everyone calls me Red. I am 26 years old and a Sergeant (Staff Sergeant soon) 19D in the U.S. Army. Currently I am serving overseas on my 3rd tour, 1 Iraq, 1 Afghanistan, and 1 here. Used to be a big cigar guy but have recently picked up the pipe as of the end of March. Right now I am using a Savinelli Trevi straight billiard, some kind of Stanwell estate pipe I bought from a buddy because he never used it, Bulldog design, says "Danish" and "Brushed" on the bottom...no clue, cant find it anywhere online but I know it isn't a cheap'o piece and he only wanted $20 for it so I jumped. For my first smokes I picked up some Captain Black White, and some Drew Estate Central Park Stroll which were huge mistakes I think considering they are terrible. I have although smoked some of a buddy's Nightcap and Davidoff Scottish Mixture and seem to enjoy them both. Nothing is available over here tobacco wise so now it's a waiting game for me until my next order comes in which includes: 1x Dunhill EMP, 1x McClelland FMC, 1oz. Scotty's HPCS Trout Stream, and 1x MM Washington Straight cob for variety and resting purposes. Thank you guys for taking me into your vast community and providing a priceless service...KNOWLEDGE, from all you vets as well as noobs like me!
-Some of my hobbies include but are not limited to:

-Fishing

-Hiking/Backpacking

-Mountain Biking

-Snowboarding

-Spending time at home with the wife and my boy, when I can

-and now sitting down relaxing, and having a smoke
Just Curious if anyone on this site knows anything about organizations that may send pipes or pipe tobacco to troops overseas, I have some soldiers who really would like to get into it but are skeptical to order anything, and since nothing is available here it is near impossible to get others to enjoy what I have discovered as one of my newest favorite hobbies.

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
Greetings,
My name is Elliott, but everyone calls me Red. I am 26 years old and a Sergeant (Staff Sergeant soon) 19D in the U.S. Army. Currently I am serving overseas on my 3rd tour, 1 Iraq, 1 Afghanistan, and 1 here. Used to be a big cigar guy but have recently picked up the pipe as of the end of March. Right now I am using a Savinelli Trevi straight billiard, some kind of Stanwell estate pipe I bought from a buddy because he never used it, Bulldog design, says "Danish" and "Brushed" on the bottom...no clue, cant find it anywhere online but I know it isn't a cheap'o piece and he only wanted $20 for it so I jumped. For my first smokes I picked up some Captain Black White, and some Drew Estate Central Park Stroll which were huge mistakes I think considering they are terrible. I have although smoked some of a buddy's Nightcap and Davidoff Scottish Mixture and seem to enjoy them both. Nothing is available over here tobacco wise so now it's a waiting game for me until my next order comes in which includes: 1x Dunhill EMP, 1x McClelland FMC, 1oz. Scotty's HPCS Trout Stream, and 1x MM Washington Straight cob for variety and resting purposes. Thank you guys for taking me into your vast community and providing a priceless service...KNOWLEDGE, from all you vets as well as noobs like me!
-Some of my hobbies include but are not limited to:

-Fishing

-Hiking/Backpacking

-Mountain Biking

-Snowboarding

-Spending time at home with the wife and my boy, when I can

-and now sitting down relaxing, and having a smoke
Just Curious if anyone on this site knows anything about organizations that may send pipes or pipe tobacco to troops overseas, I have some soldiers who really would like to get into it but are skeptical to order anything, and since nothing is available here it is near impossible to get others to enjoy what I have discovered as one of my newest favorite hobbies.

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
What's up fellow pipers my name is kealoha.I live in the big island of hawaii.I just started pipe smoking and love it.Because im just starting out i found this site doing my research for good pipes and searching for good tobaccos and such.I have been reading all the forums and found a lot of good info very usefull.Lots of well knowledged pipers here.Thanks to all who take the time to put in there input.Currently i have tried about 4 differen't tobaccos.I have a few more on order and have a few good pipes coming in as well.Hobbies would include God,Guns taking care of the wife and kids and enjoying the pipe.Thanks for all you do and god bless.

mursecody

Lurker
Apr 19, 2014
Howdy everyone,
My name's Cody, I'm 20 years old. I'm currently studying nursing at Texas Tech University and ironically just started smoking pipes. I've learned a little from my dad, but there's definitely an art to it; I can't wait to learn from everyone. I started on a corn-cob but I'm looking forward to seeing what's out there.
Glad to be here 8)

zzeman

Lurker
Mar 21, 2014
Hey everyone,
My name is Zack, and I started smoking pipes back in the mid 90s. For some reason I can't seem to remember, I put my pipes away for a few years. Now I'm back at it, and finding this site to be a great source...much more user friendly than the a.s.p. method of my youth.
I look forward to participating in the conversation.

troyw

Lurker
Apr 25, 2014
Hi Everyone
Im Troy From Southwest Va.
Ive been smoking pipes about 3 months , i own several Cobs and now branching out in to briars,

Ive got 3 briars so far 2 Kaywoodies ( 1 campus and i hate that pipe 1 Saxon i LOVE that pipe) and one Vauen Churchwarden.
My favorite Baccy so far is H&H Burley Kake ( i love it!! ), SWR, SWRA are my go to OTC blends.
I been scrolling forums for a while now looking up advice and pipe reviews . I got a Saxon because of people saying they were good cheap pipes. Boy yall were right ! It smokes like a dream all the way to bottom every time. Best 23 bucks i ever spent LOL.
Look forward to meeting everyone,

Status
Not open for further replies.