PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazze

Lurker
Feb 8, 2014
Hello everyone,
Guess I should have posted here first but never too late to say hi. I've been a lurker here for a few years and a pipe smoker for about as long. I also enjoy a cigar or 3 on a fairly regular basis. Great to be here and I hope to learn from all the experienced people here and share in any experience I've had.

cruz

Lurker
Feb 13, 2014
Hello all, recently picked up pipe smoking while trying to kick cigarettes after a 15 year affair and fell in love. I tend to have a pretty impusive personality so walking into a smoke shop turned into me buying the pipe that called out for me to purchase it. So my first pipe ended up being a castello old antiquari (will post pics later). Then after discovering that i absolutely love smokeing a pipe I decided it was time to go out and buy my second pipe, this time a smaller more compact pipe that I could carry in my pocket and smoke outside eventually. This is important to be because I live in New York and tend to be outside the majority of my time. So I go check out another pipe store and end up falling in love with a Dunhill shell 3102 so I just had to have it. Now I am in the process of building a cake on these babies, and discovering blends I like. I found these forums to be a great place to learn and read funning/interesting threads. Hope to read more. Thanks all.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
Welcome Cruz, you will definitely enjoy this forum. Lots of great info on pipes & tobacco. I am a new member and it is fun and educational to read all the post. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

smokeyb

Lurker
Feb 16, 2014
Hello everyone! Similar to Cruz, I have turned to pipe smoking in an attempt to get away from cigarettes. Even though I have smoked the occasional cigar for decades I just took up the pipe a couple of weeks ago. If I had known the flavors I was missing out on I would have taken up pipe smoking years ago.
Since my searches often led me here, I have decided to sign up and share the experience with you.
Best wishes to all.

redheadedsmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
Iowa
Good morning all!
Although I've been lurking about the forums for almost a week a now and already delved in a bit with a few threads (all resulting in great suggestions and helpful insight), I figure I'd introduce myself!
I've been dabbling blindly in pipe smoking now for about 10 years, initially due to a need for nostalgia (my father and grandfather both smoked pipes on occasion as I was growing up). Recently, I have had a hankering to branch out and try something new in terms of tobaccos only to find, since I picked up my first pipe in 2004 that there is a whole community out there full of enthusiasts! Being a resident in Eastern Iowa in the US, there isn't many who share my interest in pipe smoking...and if there are, they are like me and tend to partake in private. The closest Pipe Club is about two hours away, and B & M tobacco shops have all but dwindled in the Cedar Valley. I hope to expand my knowledge-base and make a few friendships along the way!
Look forward to getting to know you all, and to those that have already given a bit of help in the right direction, I appreciate the assistance and the warm welcome!
-Casey

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
Hi all. Just checking in as a newb to this site. I have been pipe smoking for just over a year. I love this site and it has loads of great info.
I am trying to make my way though tobaccos that I haven't tried which is a considerably long list. I am not much of an aromatic fan and gravitate to English blends more than anything else. But a whole big new world has opened up to me and I am embracing it with fervor.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
Welcome redheadedsmoker, I am also new to the forum, there is more information about pipe smoking here than anywhere else on the web. Sit back, light up and puff away while you read. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Sep 22, 2012
Hello Everyone! I am 47 years old and have been smoking a pipe regularly (almost every day) since the summer of 2012. My favourite blend is 4noggins' Rincon de la pipa. I love to read the Pipes Magazine's articles and the Forum topics.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
Welcome to the forum, so much information here to digest. I am new to the forum also and have found the search function is a much needed tool. There is so much information available I don't have to pose many questions to the forum members because I usually find my answer answer and much more in all the great post. Once again welcome and enjoy the forum, I certainly do.

thedeep

Lurker
Feb 24, 2014
Hi All, I've been on a few other forums: Smoker's Forum for quite some time, BOB, the old GrayFox. I was doing a search for a carver today and one of the links brought me here. Seems like a good place to hang around. I smoke, predominantly, North American made pipes. I've got 2 or 3 "foreigners" that I have held onto for some reason or other (mainly if they had bamboo shanks). I'll try to join in when I can.

pixiechitos

Lurker
Feb 26, 2014
Hey peeps. I just smoked my first pipe a couple of days ago (I'm 33). I've only got one briar so far (Falcon Coolway 24) and I love my pipe. I smoke it about once a day using a mild Italian (Cellini) and a bulk Cherry X4. I'm blowing smoke rings and smoking through so I'm quite proud of myself. My late grandfather smoked all his life and I'm looking forward to steeling some of his pipes from my dad. Looking forward to learning lots from y'all. Oh, I'm from South Africa. We've got most pipe brands here and I'm eager to get my next pipe. I'm thinking a Church Warden Peterson.

Feb 26, 2014
Greetings all! Just registered after snooping around for a few days. After smoking more than a pack of cigarettes every day for 23 years I was able to quit 15 months ago! I still enjoy smoking the occational cigar on the golf course or in the duck blind and I look forward to adding pipe smoking to my guilt pleasures! Looking forward to learning a lot from other forum members.
Cheers!

Jan 8, 2013
Welcome To the forums gentleman. There is a mountain of good info floating around in here, and a lot of experience.
@Pixie- might I suggest a Stanwell? I love mine, good solid pipe for the money.
@Rideau- glad to hear your off the cigarettes, Im still working on that one myself.

tankbuster183

Lurker
Feb 27, 2014
Deptford NJ
Hey all. I'm Tim from South Jersey. Been pipe smoking on and off for a few years, but really only seriously in the last year. I'm a big history buff and really like the 'fly on the wall' aspect to pipes, all the individual history to them, the uniqueness of each one, and the craftsmanship. I love the whole notion of estate pipes and cleaning them up and smoking them just makes it that much more fun.
I have browsed these forums for quite a while and recognize a bunch of you so I feel like I know a lot of you. I don't smoke inside, so this long winter is a drag (also my car now stinks). Glad to be here guys!

xfire

Lurker
Feb 28, 2014
Lancaster PA
So I wanted to stop in and say hello from a new member. I am also only a few months new to pipe smoking, but just like anything I take up, I have jumped in with all I've got haha. I have purchased everything from no-name briars to $400 140 year old meerschaums in the last few months. I'm looking forward to getting into refurbishing some old estate pipes myself, and also aging my own tobacco. I hope I learn a lot here and from everything I've read, that shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers!

Adam

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
What's up everyone, another new member introduction here. I've only been on the pipe for around 6 months, but been enjoying it thoroughly. I made the crossover from cigars to pipes out of curiosity and an interest in all the different types of pipes and pipe tobacco that exist. I currently own 15 pipes, including the Moretti Morta Poker I have en route as I type. I kind of dive into things headfirst when I find something that interests me and I try to learn all I can about whatever it is. I also have been paroosing around the pipe forums since I started smoking a pipe for general information and pipe smoking tips for a rookie. I figured it was about time to join one of the forums, so here I am. I really enjoy trying new tobaccos and have found flakes (especially Irish Flake) to be one of my go to's, as well as dark ropes. I like to mix the dark ropes with a little bit of aromatic to smooth it out and lessen the vitamin N just a tad. Coming from cigars and being a big maduro and habano leaf fan, I like tobaccos with a kick to them and a healthy amount of nicotine.
Anyways, I'm still learning everyday and have an open mind about pipe smoking, as I do about life in general, and like to hear different peoples perspectives and opinions from their experiences. I look forward to talking to y'all about the reason all of us are on here...a passion for pipes and tobacco.
Take Care,

Corey

Mar 1, 2014
Hello all. I'm from the Great White North and have had "get a pipe" on my to do list for many years now (I'm almost completely new to smoking).

Long ago I would have preferred the more traditional "Sherlock Holmes" short and bent style, but with the recent rash of hobbits about, and given that I nearly fit the description of a Churchwarden at the moment, my choice of pipe was clear.

The churchwarden also works with my philosophy of use regardless of the name. Like a cup of coffee, the pipe is something to make you sit down and take a break, the less you can do while using a pipe the better.

I will certainly try other styles but so far I'm quite content with the long stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.