PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
Well hello everyone im not really new to pipe smoking but i am new to the forum. Been smoking about 3 years or so now. I am a former aromatic smoker who has discovered my one true love....latakia and lots of it lol. So now i get dirty looks when i light up but it tastes so good i dont care. Ill see you guys on the forum.

icrawford

Lurker
Aug 7, 2011
Cleveland, OH/Toronto, ON
Hello Everyone,
Brand new to both the forums and to pipe smoking...just picked up my first pipe yesterday! I had been introduced to pipe smoking a few years ago in Europe, but the naivety of youth kept me from actually taking the plunge. I'm graduating with my masters degree in the spring of '12 and as I'm heading on 30 (plus 3 years of marriage as of a few weeks ago plus a 2 year old), I decided to settle down and enjoy the finer things in life. Looking forward to gaining knowledge and sharing experiences with all of you.
Best,
Ian

choch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Hello,
My name is Craig, and I'm a pipe smoker living in Cincinnati, Ohio. I've been smoking pipes since I was 16 in 1983, and smoke English & Balkan Blends almost exclusively, although I do enjoy some Virginian Flake every now and then. This is a great site and the forums are very helpful. I'm looking forward to spending some time here.
Cheers,
Craig

wheetree

Lurker
Aug 2, 2011
Hello all.

I started smoking a pipe in college when the local headshop started selling pipes and blends to stay legal. I bought a really nice Dutch Gesteckpfiefe and enjoyed trying the many "dime bag" samplers they would have. I quit smoking when I got married until a deployment to Iraq a few years ago where everyone was smoking cigars. I've never been a cigar fan and trying to keep them safe in that kind of environment is impossible. So I ordered a couple of corncobs and some samplers and soon converted a few others. I have a couple of my Grandfather's briars, but my favorite pipe is still my Country Gentleman cob. I prefer English blends but don't mind some of the Aromatics as long as they aren't fruity. I only get to smoke about once a month (can't smoke at work or home), so usually enjoy my bowl with another of my vices - a good tawny port or a single malt. The wife doesn't mind my occasional indulgence.
Look forward to the discussions.
J. Wheeler Hammontree

pipedudebob

Lurker
Jun 21, 2011
Lake St. Louis, MO
Hi, my name is Bob. I signed up a while ago but just got around to giving the forum a try. I live in the St. Louis area and I'm a member of the St. Louis and Kansas City Pipe Clubs. I've been smoking pipes for 20 Years + and enjoy most types of tobacco. I've done a fair amount of pipe refurbishing and am only now starting on my pipe making journey. Glad to be here and hope to get to know you all.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome to all the new members. It always amazes me how quickly one gets behind on this thread. Hope to see all the newbies here often.

wingcamnut

Lurker
Aug 11, 2011
HI just joined yesterday, getting to grips with the layouts etc. Living in the UK, started a pipe when I was 17 , had an on off relationship with my Briar. Now its full on and loving it again.Great to see so many people on here enjoying a pipe .Love the site , had a warm welcome so far. Just having some problems with my ( I hate the word) Avatar....lets say picture of me :puffpipe:

emoquete

Lurker
Aug 12, 2011
Hi!, I'm a newbie pipe smoker from the Dominican Republic; love pipe smoking specially with some good rum :D
So glad i found the place, been lurking for a few days and learned quite a bit

herrflick

Lurker
Aug 5, 2011
Hello
Signed up a week or so ago and only just got back here. I live in Surrey UK and have a lot of fun making youtube videos as part of the pipe community - Not as many as some though! I am currently possessed by the wonder of Meerschaum having picked up a splendid calabash. Really enjoy the magazine page and features.
Cheers

Neil

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Hello all! Glad to be on board. I have a small collection and love pipes and tobacco. Love to talk pipes as much as I love to smoke them. Look forward to buying and hopefully doing some trading.

trojan

Lurker
Aug 11, 2011
G'day from Australia! Recently joined the site and haven't added an intro to this thread as yet. So......I've been smoking a pipe for around 12 years, I started pretty young but felt drawn to it at an early age and embraced it accordingly. I smoke only 9mm filtered pipes because I smoke mainly aromatics. I spent a few years learning pipe repair and restoration which really helped me apreciate the time and effort that goes into the creation of a pipe. I collect mostly European hand carved pipes and I'll post some photos as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.