PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
greetings to all of you. i've just turned 18 and the first thing i plan to do is purchace a pipe. i've smoked pipes before, but was wondering if any of you had some advice on what kind of pipe to get first. would a churchwarden be too difficult to manage right off the bat?
Welcome to the forum....to start off with ....ANY pipe will do no matter who responds to your question as everyone has their own opinion and always wants to shove it down your throat as the definitive answer. Find a pipe you like the looks of and feel of in your hand ( go to your local pipe shop if you can ) and also try out as many different blends that you can find locally...there are endless blends to try once you get into the hobby more heavily.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Find a pipe you like the looks of and feel of in your hand ( go to your local pipe shop if you can ) and also try out as many different blends that you can find locally...there are endless blends to try once you get into the hobby more heavily.
Welcome to all the new members!
Hobie1dog is exactly right... If the pipe doesn't match your aesthetic sensibilities you won't be happy with it.

And as you gain experience you will seek pipes and tobacco for their various aspects as your "desire to acquire" (refered to as PAD or TAD, Pipe or Tobacco Acquisition Disorder) grows.

dfrank

Lurker
Jul 25, 2011
Dear fellow pipe smokers
Just signed up this forum, looking forward to some interesting discussions.

I have been smoking pipes for 9 years now. As a fan of the classic shapes, I'm smoking and collecting predominantly English pipes.
Enjoy your briar!

boomer

Lurker
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas, TX
Hey Everyone,
I am new to the pipe world and very excited to get involved. I have been having fun with cigars for some time and have recently been bitten by the "pipe bug".
Looking forward to it!

joeyfats

Lurker
Jul 26, 2011
oxford Florida
Hi Everyone,I came across this forum during as I was shopping for a pipe,my first pipe actually :).I have been ryo tobacco smoker for years now and when at the local smoke shop find myself daydreaming about the nice pipes I see.So here I am.I live in oxford florida In a Fifth wheel in the country.Glad to be here :D

joeyfats

Lurker
Jul 26, 2011
oxford Florida
Hi Everyone,I came across this forum during as I was shopping for a pipe,my first pipe actually :).I have been ryo tobacco smoker for years now and when at the local smoke shop find myself daydreaming about the nice pipes I see.So here I am.I live in oxford florida In a Fifth wheel in the country.Glad to be here :D

zapzap

Lurker
Jul 27, 2011
Hello! My name is Dmitri Plechtchev. I live in Denmark, EU. I am a sculptor and teacher. I am a pipe-smoking enthusiast and in my spare time I make pipe tampers.

extreme122

Lurker
Jul 13, 2011
Hello, I'm Nicholas from Buenos Aires, Argentina, I'm 33 and started smoking pipes some 10 years ago, but as many of us i quit smoking thanks to the Bitting Aromatic tobaccos. I started again 2 years ago but now it's for sure !.

I mainly smoke English blends and still some aromatics. I've bought most of my pipes in my trips to the US, i have some 35 pipes. Thanks and good smokes !, Nick

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
It's great to have so many new members.

Don't be shy just dive right in!

We love those pics, questions, and comments.
Welcome to the fraternity one and all!

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Welcome all! You will find the people here are very friendly,and will answer most queations you may have about pipes and tobaccos.Make yourselves at home,dont be shy,post!

Status
Not open for further replies.