PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2011
Ok I'll post though I am quite shy lol
Name is Lorraine... while I am known on cigar forums as MrsCigarLover, I do enjoy my pipes!
I have been smoking cigars since 1993... Pipes for almost that long. I have a few diff briars and 3 meers and smoke between 1-4 bowls a day. I still enjoy cigars, also.
While at first smoking a pipe seemed like too much work compared to a cigar, I've discovered how relaxing it is... picking a tobacco for the moment, filling the bowl, lighting and watching the smoke swirl around filling the air with it's sweet aroma. I, usually, smoke a bowl before bed so that I can enjoy the scent in my hair all night.
I look forward to going through the forum and learning more about pipe smoking and maybe some day join in on a pipe show! I have been wanting to go to the one in Chicago area for years but keep missing it!
:P

bcer

Lurker
Jul 28, 2011
Hello all,
I am new, so new I am buying my first pipe tomorrow. As my username is, I am from BC, Canada. So hello to all Canucks, and everyone on here.

So I have been researching for a while now, and have met some very friendly, and informative people.

I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow.
Later

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
Hi- new member here in Scotland, will post up pic or avatar soon....aged 35, been pipe smoker since about 18. I will post more later but I wanted to bring to the attention of UK-based members an exciting purchase that I made in Aldi today. As one of my hobbies I restore estate pipes and while in the US it seems easy to buy equipment for this (bench buffers etc.) it is less so here in UK. Just when I was about to buy a Dremel or a drill for sanding and polishing, I found this multi-task engraver/sander/polisher/buffer in Aldi supermarket today; it has been on special offer there since mid-July and is perfect for restoring pipes:
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_19776.htm
only £14.99 and speeds of between 2000rpm-18000rpm which is ideal for low-speed buffing and carnauba application...has excellent set of collets, sanding and polishing discs with it too....so for any UK pipe restores I suggest checking it out...

shabroky

Lurker
Mar 24, 2011
Greetings! I actually joined the website a few months ago, but haven't dipped into the forums until today. I hope to find a vast wealth of knowledge and camaraderie! :)

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Welcome to the new members and
Hello all,
I am new, so new I am buying my first pipe tomorrow. As my username is, I am from BC, Canada. So hello to all Canucks, and everyone on here.

So I have been researching for a while now, and have met some very friendly, and informative people.

I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow.
Later
bcer, how was your first pipe smoking experience?

bcer

Lurker
Jul 28, 2011
hobie1dog, thanks for asking. It was good, very tired from the trip to Vancouver and back, but yes, thoroughly enjoyed it. ended up with a tobacco recommended from the shop, and an entry level pipe. Also bought a cob as well.
So far so good, may buy and aromatic tobacco as well. but yes, it is what I have been needing, some time to sit and relax and enjoy.
thanks to everyone for the welcome.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Welcome to all the most recent additions, both of the gentlemanly and the ladylike persuasions!
Hey bcer, I take it you're on the Lower Mainland somewhere? There are a number of British Columbians on the board, myself included, though I'm "across the strait". Glad to have you on board!
Simon

bcer

Lurker
Jul 28, 2011
Hey Classicgeek,
I am from Sunshine Coast, so probably right across from you.

Although part of the Lower Mainland, I still have to catch a ferry across. That is what makes a long trip.
Good to know there are local people here as well.

Great community here, I am glad to have signed up.
Later all.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Hello all! Just registered and wanted to say hi. This is such a great site and look forward to spending time on here. Not much to tell about myself except that I love my pipes and tobacco as well as reading about both.

shamwow

Lurker
Jul 31, 2011
Hello all. I've been enjoying pipes for almost 40 years and still remember my first experience. If the internet had only been around then, man what mistakes I could have avoided!!
Ed 'shamwow'

crimsonrebel

Lurker
Aug 2, 2011
Hey from Tennessee! As i guess you can tell not only am I a new member, Im also new to the pipe smoking world. Im glad I found you guys! Im hoping I can get some help with my new hobby. I just went from a pack-a-day cigarette habit to a 2-3 bowl of pure pleasure pipe habit. I dont know how I could ever have enjoyed what i was smoking before now. I am still a greenhorn and havent experienced all that is out there but i can say i cant wait to find my taste. So far my collection of pipes consists of 2 briars and I havent tried enough of what is out there to have a favorite tobacco. Im kinda hoping you seniors will take me under your wings and help me on my way!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hi ya Crimsonrebel.

Two things:

1) Finding you "taste"...

I've been smoking about 35 years; I'm still finding new and wonderful blends.

You might find that you like Aromatics, or English blends but that's about as specific as it gets.

There's tons to try.

2) Seniors... oh that's cruel.. :D
Welcome to the fraternity!

We love to offer our Humble Opinions on everything from Absinthe to Zulus.

Don't be shy; the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked.

We all look forward to your posts, questions, and pictures.

Ever run into Davy Crocket? (Sorry I just watched The Alamo.)

:puffy:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Welcome aboard.

SENIORS!!!!!!!!!

image.aspx

damien83

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2011
Hello from Tn. I am new to this forum but not new to the world of pipe forum's been a member of another for about a year. I have been smoking the pipe for about 2 years now and it is the best hobby I think I could have ever picked up. For very much 99% of those 2 years I was a aromatic smoker but as of this last week I have found the joy's of Va's and VaPer's and I have not had the urge to smoke a aro yet. I think I have a decent collection of pipe so far to be so new to the hobby....

piperack2002.jpg

Those are all my pipes in my very own homemade pipe rack and I have already out grown it and need to make another one. I dont really have a favorite pipe out of the lot being that I love them all, but I do have a favorite pipe maker and that is Mario Grandi pipes.well so that I dont sit here and write a book for yall to read lol, I will cut it off here, and I look forward to future posts and reading others.

Edit: I turned your link into a photo. Lawrence... Glad to have you aboard... I loooooove VaPers too.

joeyfats

Lurker
Jul 26, 2011
oxford Florida
Hello All,Been Lurking long enough :),My name is Joe and I have never smoked a pipe,For years I have smoked roll your own tobacco particularly Peter stokybyes line and enjoyed them very much.Often when going into tobacco shops I would see the jars filled with different tobaccos,removing the lid and smelling them was something i always did just before parting the store,the more I read about the many different fine tobaccos(many that sound amazing!)The more I want to try them all.So now i have to select my first pipe.I found a nice one but its out of stock and wont be back in for a couple months possibly,anyways I am happy I found this forum and hope that I can make new friends and learn lots from them :)

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
Welcome to all to the virtual porch were we discuss pipes, tobacco's and life in general.

mitch

Lurker
Aug 5, 2011
The above post from "Anonymous" is myself. My original profile got deleted by the admin as it somehow looked potentially like it was a spambot registration. Kevin was a star in getting it recreated and getting me back online. Thanks Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.