PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey everybody,

I'm pretty new to Pipe smoking only been doing it for about a year. My screen name is Shaintiques, but my friends call me Shainy. I only have a few pipes, but enough to have a good rotation, and different pipes for different tobaccos. I'm glad to be on here and look forward to chatting with you.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Been putting my two cents in for a few weeks now, so I suppose I need to repost this. My friends call me Gary Mac, been tugging on a pipe for over 35 years. My first pipes came from a dime store: a cheap briar and a cob. Still have that old cob. My favorite pipes are a Nording freehand from '83 and my broken Castello. My best looking pipes are an ' 85 Sam Martin and a Ben Wade from the same era. The best smoker is my Edwards basket billiard. The pipe I smoke the most often is the last one I acquired (until the next one). I work as a medic on a drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico. The best thing is an old pipe I haven't smoked for a while, an old tobacco I forgot I had, and a new beer that I had never tried before.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Hello Every body. My Name is Charles I have really gotten into pipe smoking in the last few years, and really enjoy the hobby. I am a Chef and currently work as a Expo.Chef for Bon Appétit Management Company. And Live in Beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado.

fruddog

Lurker
Jun 12, 2011
Hi everybody!

I just recently started smoking a pipe and I'm glad that I did! Most visitors to my evening perch(aka front porch)are friends and neighbors who see me and stop to say hi. Frequently they were repelled by my cigarette smoke. Now most of the people who come to share some porch time with me beg me to light my pipe so they can savor the aroma! All I have right now is a Missouri Pride corn cob pipe, but I love it.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for this site. It has already been a nice resource for me.
-Clayton-
P.S.- If anyone can tell me why I keep getting an error message when I try to upload an avatar on my profile, I would be eternally grateful.

badgercat

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2011
Hello all...My name is Bruce and I'm from Monroe, Georgia. I started collecting and smoking pipes in the early '90s. My fsavorite pipes so far are Petersons and Stanwells. I operate a small pottery shop in my spare time. Its at bleypotter(dot)com and y'all are welcome to look at it.
I converted to english blends about 3 years ago and am very interested in learning more about them...i espcially like Squadron Leader and Dark Kentucky Flake.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to all new members.
fruddog:

Kevin the Administrator just upgraded the server and we are still having a few minor issues.

I'm sure you will be able upload your Avatar soon.
Glad to have you all in the fraternity!

Can't wait for your posts, your pics, and your questions.

jeglwar

Lurker
Jun 12, 2011
I should have introduced myself a month ago. I'm John and I'm more of a cigar smoker. I joined the site to learn a bit more about pipes and to help my local tobacco shop,Carrousel Tobacco Shoppe, sell some of their pipes online(no I don't make anything out of it...well maybe a cigar here and there). They are really great people to buy pipes & tobacco from, don't like computer(65+ years old), and deserve more than fate has dealt them(location was once fantastic,neighborhood changed,can't move if they want to allow smoking in the store due to being "grandfathered" by Ohio's smoking law).

sigmapiguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 19, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello everyone!

I bought my first pipe this Monday and have since then fallen in love with it. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA and I am currently going to college for Philosophy and Clinical Psychology. I just wanted to be polite and introduce myself!

sean

Lurker
Jul 23, 2011
greetings to all of you. i've just turned 18 and the first thing i plan to do is purchace a pipe. i've smoked pipes before, but was wondering if any of you had some advice on what kind of pipe to get first. would a churchwarden be too difficult to manage right off the bat?

Status
Not open for further replies.