PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonycd1

Lurker
Mar 1, 2011
hello name is anthony and i started smoking pipe from age 18-21 stopped and at age 28 decided to start up again.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
A warm welcome to the all the new members! And feel free to help yourself to any of Kevin's pipes or Bob's baccy stash. :)

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
Welcome to all the new members....You are going to love it here... Smoke em up.. and ask em up... there is all the info you could possibly need .. just for the asking...

colorduke

Mar 5, 2011
Hello fellow pipesmokers,i have been puffing for 20+ years off and on.I enjoy mostly otc tobaccos and my fleet of dr grabows,cobs and a few mastercraft pipes .Im located in rural central pa,been checking the site out for awhile and decided to join.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
DO check out the amazing wealth of information, opinions, advice and ruminations in the main site's articles. New content is published with alarming frequency, so you'll always have a pleasant read, a video of a factory tour, and a place to look for tips and tricks.
DO feel more than welcome to spend as much time as you like enjoying the forums, posting and lurking, as they've also become extremely active and are full of good folks.
DON'T worry that this is a boring or pointless forum full of jerks and trolls--nothing could be further from the truth!--it reflects the good nature of the art of pipe smoking in general, and all are welcome.
And to Amy in particular:

DON'T mind that there are a relatively small number of female pipe smokers out there--the numbers are growing every day, as your visit confirms, and the general perception of pipe smoking is fast changing from the crusty old man (well, we have those too ) to the generations-x -y and-z out there who have been turned on to the more profound and enjoyable way to experience tobacco.
This post should be stickied or in some way made to show up everywhere as a rule of thumb in the community.
Welcome to all the members newer than I!

gntlmnebm

Lurker
Mar 5, 2011
Just joined today.....Going back to pipe and cigars and getting off cigarettes. Found y'all while trying to find out if "Country Doctor" was still made. Didn't find it, but found this, so I guess was a good search!
Eric

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome to ther newest members. Jump right in with your posts, pics and any questions you may have.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
Hello, New pipe smoker from Tahlequah, OK.
Just migrated from cheap cigars to quality pipe tobacco about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Taking some time getting the hang of the new smoke but overall I'm enjoying it greatly. Shoulda made the switch years ago.
As of right now, I just have two pipes, a cheapo "seconds" briar (half-bent) simply marked "ITALY" and a Missouri Meerschaum corncob. I'll upload some pics soon.
My favorite tobacco that I've tried so far is a blend called "Opulence".
Anyways, I'm still pretty new to the pipe, and almost all of the searches I do online in the process of trying to educate myself more on the subject seem to lead to this site, so I figured I might as well register and join the community.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome aboard kf5eqv. Hope to see more of you with you posts, pics and any questions you may have. There is a lot of info here to check out, as your searches points out to you.

mymistress

Lurker
Mar 6, 2011
Hello fellow pippers! New to the site, seems to be real nice people around these parts! I look forward to picking each of your brains..... As a matter of fact any recomedations on a "sherlock holmes" style ?

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
Didn't Sherlock Holmes smoke a Calabash?

Maybe something like this:

http://altinokpipe.com/detail.asp?product_id=ME924

gentlemanjerry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Hi, I'm new to the forum - Thanks for letting me join - I've been following your many posts now for a couple of months now - I really enjoy the reviews on the various blends and the seasoned advice of you veteran pipers!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome aboard mymistress and gentlemanjerry. Fire away with your posts, pics and any questions you may have. We would be more than happy to give you a hand.

sargesmoke

Lurker
Mar 9, 2011
Hi! New to the forum but have been reading your posts for several months! New to pipesmoking. I'm looking forward to a great new pass time.

myrza

Lurker
Mar 8, 2011
Hello all. Myrza here from Malaysia. I started smoking pipe a few months back after almost 20 years of smoking cigarettes. All I can say is pipe smoking has given me better satisfaction ..should have done this much earlier is I know the sensation is heavenly...lol.

Got my self a can of Mediterraneo today...not bad at all. Infact it is very2 good.

Any suggestion for a better aromatic blend is welcomed

Status
Not open for further replies.