PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

themolco

Lurker
Feb 19, 2011
Greetings and Salutations!

I have been a smoker for over a decade and am rebuilding my collection after losing it in a move.
I prefer a nice stout English blend with moderate latakia, but a mild cavendish isn't unwelcome from time to time.
Well met,

M.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
WElcome all the newest members, themolco, maxwell, fatman, mrhemi, ich, sweetbriar, and everyone in general on INTERNATIONAL PIPE SMOKING DAY! Cheers to the brotherhood (and sisterhood!) of the Briar! :clap:

westcoastrich

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2011
Hello old friend's, and some new friends, my health has stabilized and I am smoking my pipes again, it has been an on & off health thing with me for about 2 years, but I feel great now. I look forward to enjoying the comradeship again with the pipe smoking community. I am 68 years old now, I smoked my first pipe when I was in grade school, and I have had fun with them ever since. I like to blend tobacco's myself and try different mixtures to see what they will bring out. The tins I enjoy are mostly Peterson's or Greg Pease's blends. I have a collection of mixed shape & brand pipes. I look forward to posting in the near future.

Rich Curll (westcoastrich)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Rich, Fatman, Maxwell500, and Themolco!
We're glad "all y'all" joined us in this "the friendliest of forums".

We all look forward to your comments, questions, and of course those pictures of your pipes.
Don't be shy just dive right in!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome maxwell and themolco and rich as well. Glad to have you here. Don't hesitate to chime right in with your comments, pics or any questions you may have.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Good day!

My name is Ryan March, and I live in Richmond British Columbia! I spent most of my life pipless, save for when I visited my grandparents. Last year my wife bought me a pipe and some tobacco and I dived right in, now pipe smoking is an all day everyday thing for me! When at home I am never without a pipe in hand, sadly anti smoking legislation hinder public use!
Cheers,

Ryan

shillelagh3

Lurker
Feb 19, 2011
Georgia
My name is Matt, and I'm a high school history & psychology teacher. I live in Thomaston, Georgia, USA, which is a pretty typical small Southern town. I'm sort of defined by my "militant Irish-ness," although I've toned it down a little since becoming a parent. I am married with two-year-old twins, so between my job and my family, I don't get a whole lot of time to enjoy my pipes. To me this isn't such a bad thing, as it just makes smoking my pipe more of a luxury.
I'm glad I've found this site, as I don't any other pipe smokers in my area and the only time I get to smoke with others is when I get to visit a smoke shop once in a blue moon, usually in Columbus, an hour away. Now I can ask all those questions I've always pondered about the hobby, as I've been smoking a pipe off and on since I was 16. It's good to meet all of ya'll.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Welcome, Ryan and Matt.
@Matt: I hear ya about the job and family. I also take it the same way you do: when I get a chance to enjoy a pipe, it's a special thing. Welcome aboard!
Simon

skylonrow

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2011
Great Britain
Hello,
I recently started smoking a pipe (3 days ago) i've had a dabble with cigarettes in the past and i HATE them, the smell, the taste, everything!
Because of this i am very into aromatic blends, and i am currently trying to find a good aromatic with a nice taste and smell.
:)

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
Hello,

I've been smoking pipes for about a year. I started during my deployment to Iraq.

I'm still learning about briars, since I started off with a pair of meerschaums I bought from the Turks who were running the shops on Victory Base.
Since I've been back I've started playing around with restoring estate pipes. It's quickly becoming something of an obsession. For now my wife is putting up with my pipe acquisition disorder rather well.
I'm still developing my palate for tobacco. It's hard to find the really quality tobaccos here in Helena, Montana. Takes some searching and some travel to find anything much more exotic than Captain Black White or Borkum Riff, which is about all anyone here carries.
I'm just hoping a can learn a few things and converse with folks who understand my new fixation.
Thanks

faedother

Lurker
Feb 22, 2011
KY
Some of you have already met me. However, I thought I would introduce myself to everyone else.

Hello my name is Austin, but you can all me Fae. I like in south-west Kentucky. I am currently a senior in college. I am majoring in Interior Design. I will be going on to get my Architecture Masters.

I have been smoking cigar or clove cigarettes on and off since I was 18. However, I have always loved pipes. I just have not owned one. I always use my brothers' when I am over at their houses. I just bought my first briar and it is on its way to me. I also come from a long line of pipe smokers. Both of my grandfathers smoke pipes and at least one of the great grandfathers and my great, great grandfathers. I hope to inherit their pipes when the time comes, that is after I fight my brothers for them, :lol:. I look forward to expanding my knowledge and enjoyment of pipe smoking with and along side of this wonderful and friendly community.

-Fae :puffy:

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome to the newest members. Hope to see your posts, pics and any questions you may have. Jump right in, we are a friendly bunch here.

charger186

Lurker
Feb 5, 2011
I have spent a lot of time om different pipe forums and I find this to be the best and most comprehensive so far. Very diverse and lots of very good information. During the 70' I managed the Tampa Pilot station on Egmont Island. I than left for Dallas Texas and was in the newspaper business until I retired in 2003. I was an avid fisherman and Lake Fork was my home away from home. I now spend most of my free time on my PC doing video work. For the last years I only smoked blend called Harkness D and F mixed, the d had a small amount of Latakia in it. Tastes have change an I am om hording W O Larsen's Signature and Nording's Hunter Blend Retriever, the rest of my stash consists of several Hearth and Home blends, Nording's Hunter's Blend Beagle and Fox Hound. Try some I am sure you will enjoy good tobacco. I feel all this needs a picture to put a face who you dealing with.
i210-200x132.jpg

i210-200x132.jpg

Reactions: Alaska Pipe Man
Status
Not open for further replies.