PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome docman. Glad to have you here. Don't hesitate to post comments, pics and any questions you may have.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
Glad to have yeh Doc and Dmkerr, and welcome to everyone else I've missed, equally glad for you fine folks.

bobdobbs

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2011
Sup dudes/lady-dudes.

Posting from Minnesotta. New to this land of pipe smoking (my only real experience has been the occasional Black & Mild.) Recently decided to take the plunge, and look forward to learning from your experience.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome bobdobbs. Hope to see more of you from your posts, pics and any questions you may have.

margs

Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Good morning/evening everyone!
Checking in from my little corner of central Ohio here.
Got started smoking cigars 5 years back only on the yearly vacation to the Caribbean, but saw the pipes in a new cigar shop this year, and decided to give it a try back in early January, and loved it, so here I am!
I'm hoping to find something that's not an aromatic blend that I like, very open to suggestions!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome aboard margs, glad to have you here. Jump right in with any comments, pics and questions you may have.
I would suggest McClelland 5110 bulk offered on many websites or Shortcut to Mushrooms from the Just For Him website. Also, there are several websites that offer tobacco in 1 or 2 ounce samples as well. You can check out smokingpipes.com, pipesandcigars.com or Cornel and Diehl's website, they all offer many tobacco blends in sampler packages.

dmkerr

Lurker
Feb 6, 2011
Thanks, folks!
Yes, TAD is what I have. I make no apologies for it. And one thing I've learned is never to completely give up on a new tobacco. A year ago, I couldn't stand the G&H "soap" taste. Now I can't get enough!
PAD is less consuming. I'm a confirmed meerschaum man and... sure, ok, I bought 10 new meers in 2010 but only 2 since Thanksgiving. :)

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Glad to have you to all the new folks, you've come to the right place for advice, a laugh, tobacco suggestions and various and sundry discussions of everything under the sun! It's a great community and it's fantastic to see it growing so steadily. Cheers! :clap:

jayhp

Lurker
Feb 12, 2011
Howdy,

Im from the mountains of western North Carolina. Ive been puffing for about 25 years. Im also Master Falconer and a longbow bowyer.

bostonromeo

Lurker
Jan 11, 2011
Good Day,

Trying to work my way around the site, anyway I came back to pipe smoking after a brief episode 20yrs ago I'm 53 and have been smoking good quality cigars for the last ten years I needed an easy smoke at my leisure something without having to set aside the time it takes to smoke say a rubosto or churchill and the without the huge CHIP pricing increases. I purchased a Peterson briar at Xmas and settled in nicely with a cavendish blend. Well last week I cracked the stem right at the mouth which has left me with an uncomforable smoke I returned to the tobbaco shop where I purchased the pipe looking for some help I was quickly shown the door with just the Petersons web page Thanks Alot (Cigar City Weymouth MA). I checked Petersons and it said to return the pipe (Ireland) for a stem replacement which could take 8 weeks and cost like $25.00 YIKES! I really enjoy the pipe and believe it is broken in (2-3 bowls a day). I have no pipe smokers around me so I was wondering if anybody knew where I could order a couple of stems for a few bucks less and not have to wait all that time. Of course you can say Suck It Up and send the pipe back and thats okay.

Repestfully,

Boston Romeo

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Boston Romeo,

We're glad to have you in our fraternity.
As for stem replacement $25 is about right for a good stem.

I believe there are some websites where you can purchase a quantity of stems for the same money. However; if you want it to fit properly you would be better served in sending it back to Peterson.
We all look forward to you posts and pictures.

Have a great day, and welcome once again.

Feb 13, 2011
Konichiwa, I've been an on-and-off again pipe smoker for 20 years. I'm currently living in Fukuoka, Japan for the next year and a half. The selection of pipe tobacco here is abysmal and I'm forced online to expand my exposure to tobaccos I'll never get here on my own. Perhaps Tokyo has decent tobacco shops but here in Fukuoka, its almost all about the cigarette smokers.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome ishigakisensei. You'll find a lot of info here in your quest. Hope to see many posts, pics and any questions you may have.

volsmcfalls

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
Greetings all! I could have sworn I had already registered here, but having come up empty in my search for login information, I simply re-registered.
I am still a fairly new pipe smoker, having only been smoking pipes for a little over a year. I was never a cigarette smoker, but I did enjoy the occasional cigar, which the wife hated because of the smell. I talked her into getting me a pipe last year for Valentine's Day, so it is only fitting my 1 year anniversary of pipe smoking brings me to re-registering for the site.
I am 30 and I grew up in the Great Smokey Mountains of Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg and moved to Knoxville to attend the University of Tennessee. After graduation, we got jobs, married, and settled in Knoxville where we have been happily married for 5 1/2 years. We teach Sunday School at our church and are heavily involved in the youth ministries as I teach to around 100 kids each Wednesday night.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Welcome jay, romeo, ishigakisensei and welcome (back) volsmcfalls! This is as fine a forum as you'll find, with lots of talk and fine folks to talk with. Keep an eye out for Marty (hobie1dog) though. If you mention anything about your life, he'll demand a picture of it. :lol:
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.