PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome aboard jeff. Indeed it is more rewarding to go thru the "ritual" of getting a pipe prepared and then smoking it. Sure it is easier to light up a coughin stick, but if planned right, you can enjoy a pipe many times longer than a cig.

mikethepipe

Might Stick Around
Jan 19, 2011
Scotsjim...There's a post on the forum with pics of Three nuns tins and ,yes I,m sure he said the 'baccy is in coin cut. I,m not too good at finding posts that I,ve read in the past...

Yes, I,ve seen the plumbers site when trying to get onto this forum :lol: I now acess the forum by going the easy way...click on the email that I,ve kept in "drafts"

You will need to buy the Three nuns over the internet ? (if you wish to get it from Germany) I,ve never purchased on the 'net...never banked on it either much to the amusement of a young(24 year old) colleague! Still, no blighter can acess my bank account(I think) 'Told y'all I,m a dinosaur. Mike

mikethepipe

Might Stick Around
Jan 19, 2011

mikethepipe

Might Stick Around
Jan 19, 2011
Damn! Its the bit about copying and pasting that I'm flummuxed with,Lawrence. I may have to call upon the services of a computer buff friend who lives not too far away :oops:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I think I know what happened...
In the IMG Box and URL as well, you have to highlight the "http://" then "paste".

That will put the whole URL in the in the box.
Give it another try.

mikethepipe

Might Stick Around
Jan 19, 2011
imag0008-600x450.jpg

Thanks,Lawrence..I wonder if that pic will appear,it was my Sunday walk today along the beach(Hayling Island) Cold but a lovely day,Mike
Edit: Way to go Mike!

Lawrence

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Well, I just noticed that I'm now a "Junior Member", and I reckon that means I get to say WELCOME! to all the new members now too! You've found a gold mine with this site.

rupert

Lurker
Jan 30, 2011
Hola amigos!
I hail from minneapolis, minnesota, am married with dog, and am happy to be a new member.

hessenland

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2011
Moscow, ID
Hey Everyone,
I am new to this forum, but I have been recurrently looking up various pieces of information from here.

I am a student in Idaho right now and have been smoking pipes for a little over 2 years. I grew up in Germany and still have access to stuff from there, which is nice.
I started the pipe, because of my father and brother. Through them I have been exposed to the delicacy of pipe tobacco all my life. I was bound to pick up the hobby sometime. In 2008 my father gave me my first pipe for Christmas, which was a Vauen Barontini, which I still love to enjoy.
Besides pipes, I enjoy a good scotch and more frequently a good pinch of snuff, Schmalzler to be specific.
That's all,
See you guys around.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome brando71, ruppert and hessenland. Hope to see more of you in the future. Don't hesitate to post comments, pictures or any questions you may have.
brando, don't worry about the English, we Americans have butchered it up pretty badly over the course of the last 200 odd years.

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
Hi everyone,new member here.Came across the site while filling out a patition to stop over taxing pipe tobaccos.I have been puffing away since inheriting my grandfather's pipes and rack when I was eighteen.

My favorite pipes are Petersons,some I smoke and some I just collect.Like many of you I have come down with PAD and TAD and am loving every minute of it.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Lot's of new folks over the last few days.
Welcome to you all!

Don't be shy.

We love questions, comments, and pictures.
Nyed001 I'd love to see your Grandfather's "priceless" collection, as would Arthur and quite a few others.
Glad to have "all y'all" aboard!

:puffy:

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
This site only attracts the finest people! :clap: Welcome and start posting pics of your collections! It's good to see both young and old mature, reformed cigarette smokers and especially those who've had the benefit of a family member passing the tradition on.

hagar

Lurker
Jan 30, 2011
Central Arkansas
Hello all,

Came across this site looking for pipe making supplies/info. I smoked my first pipe while in the Army in the late '80's and recently took it up again full time. I became interested in pipe making as an outlet (I am in a high stress career field) and recently completed my first pipe (pics in my album).
I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs. - Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.