PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
man, sold out - I'm still burnin' through the free samples - Gotta get a roll - I like the thicker guage

I went and put in an order with Amazon : Artisanal Hemp - Canadian Hemp Wick 420 Feet. 100% Natural with Beeswax. Should do for awhile. I'm also thinking it would make a good slow-burning wick for any pyrotechnical displays I may wish to put on.

• Wow
Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I went and put in an order with Amazon : Artisanal Hemp - Canadian Hemp Wick 420 Feet. 100% Natural with Beeswax. Should do for awhile. I'm also thinking it would make a good slow-burning wick for any pyrotechnical displays I may wish to put on.
be careful- with the pyrotechnics that is⛑?

Reactions: mau1

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
I like to start with matches If conveniently around. Especially pipes prone to charring. seems easier to control the flame. less heat as others have said. I even bought some hemp cord to try. That lasted twice before the novelty wore off. I bought a Kiribi Kabuto short lighter last week. I’m loving it so far. So... at my table, matches. Elsewhere, usually a lighter or just a quick relight.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
It isn't really one versus the other for me. They all have their place. Refillable butanes are the favorites, and can work in breezes up to ca. 10-12 mph.

Reactions: JOHN72

JohnnyAZ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2019
I'll use matches if it's not windy outside but don't really use them that much. I usually just grab a lighter, currently a Kiribi, and head outside. By the time I realize that it's not too windy for matches, the pipe is already lit.

Reactions: STP

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
BIC; I get them in them 5-pak Bundles for about $4 bucks or something. I always pick up at least 2 bundles when I go to the Super Market. They are everywhere: in my coats, in my car, in my pants' pockets, in my shirt pockets, on my dresser; just everywhere - and I like it that way. - Sherm Natman

Reactions: STP and jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Not a bad plan. Though hard to know if you've lost one! I always try to have a BIC around, book of matches, and a nice Old Boy wherever I am. And a Zippo for the golf course.

Reactions: JOHN72 and STP