PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
@shawn That it is. I am hoarding, neatly stacking the tins, obsessed over whether I should order more. :worship: Yes this stuff is evil, but oh so good.
:puffpipe:

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Actually, part of me would rather have a horrible tasting tobacco than a boring one. More fun to talk about a bad experience, the boring one I'd likely just go "meh" and forget about it...(Sail)

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
interesting reading here--in addition to my 'much' earlier post, i just don't care for virginias all that much--

must be why i like OTC (drugstore) blends--very little virginia--well, all OTCs except Half and Half and Mix 79

akpipe

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2012
3iuc1-copy-465x600.jpg

:rofl:

doctorthoss

Oct 6, 2011
Savenelli's Armonia.
I love their pipes. But this tobacco was the foulest stuff I've ever had. It makes Borum Riff taste good by comparison. It tastes like the odor you get from spoiled citrus juice, and the smoke seems to have much the same Ph balance.

I've not trued Mix 79. I'm actually curious to try it, if only to see if it's as bad as others say, but I'm not going to waste money these days on an expreriment like that.

caliban

Lurker
Aug 11, 2012
Esoterica Margate and Reiner Green Label, both bought aged on EBay. The Reiner is the only tobacco I ever threw in the trash. The Margate is just boring. It needs some Virginia in it.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Wouldn't say I hate it, as I've only had about two or three bowls and it hasn't killed me yet, but I'm not crazy about EMP.

-PM

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
As others have said Borkum Riff... terrible stuff. But honestly I haven't had too many tobaccos I think are actually bad. Some of them just don't taste right to me but I can tell it's a personal preference more than anything else and I recognize that they are quality tobaccos. I also don't like Middleton Cherry at all.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Recently tried Condor Flake and I do not care for it. It tastes like smoking a jasmine incense cone and will ghost the bejeezus out of a pipe. Not for me, but I'm proud that I tried it. The only one I truly hate so far is Red Cap, which is really RYO sold as pipe tobacco. It was a little like sucking the worms out of a bad pecan to me.

seanavan

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2012
This is likely premature, but I just got a TAD order from Boswell's and, in addition to the usual Northwoods, decided to try some of their aromatics. I like my neighbor and figure, if it tastes good, I might as well give them something pleasant to smell and the garage a different aroma from cigars and the steady flow of English blends during the holidays. Upon opening the Berry Cobbler though, I could barely keep from choking. I'll give it a go in the hopes that it smokes better than it smells, but I admit I'm not really looking forward to it.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Captain Black Cherry is the single most godawful stuff I've ever come across. It smells exactly like the candles that women love so much in that Yankee Candle store, and it takes like only what I could imagine what dinner would taste like in the deepest, darkest bowels of Hell.
Oh God, the horror.

cjdincus

Lurker
Nov 6, 2012
I agree with Captain Black Cherry. First tobacco I tried. It was recommended to me at a discount cigarette store and honestly it almost completely turned me off to pipe smoking, luckily I pressed onward and couldn't be happier with this amazing hobby.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
SG's 1792 flake is the only tobacco I have smoked in the last 30 yrs that I hate. The thought of it makes vomit rise to the back of my throat!

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
+1 for the 1792 flake. Smoking that stuff is for perverts only.

The only other one I *hate* is McClelland Super Balkan, the BBQ Ketchup Vinegar taste makes my head spin.
All the rest of my non-favourite baccys, I still tolerate ;-)

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Peterson Old Dublin. Tastes like a crew of bums ran around Dublin scavenging cigarette butts off the street, put the contents in a tin and sold it to an unsuspecting tourist. I have had a tin for about 10 years now and have tried to make a dent but no dice. Last attempt was about a month ago. It had gotten pretty dry so I reconstituted it to an acceptable moisture. To me it smells as bad in the tin as it does burning in the bowl and the taste is even worse. I hear it is a really nice tobacco though...

Status
Not open for further replies.