PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
221b Honeydew smelled and tasted like malted vinager even after three years . And anything that says hearth and home just fails to impress me . That being said as long as there are Mason jars and time there is hope .

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
CAO Moontrance. It tasted like a cigar to me so I duped pipenovelist into taking it and he loves it :crazy:
It was the blend that got me to start looking into english style blends so I kind of owe it some type of regard, I guess.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
C&D Blockade Runner. It was a long time ago but I shocked how much I hated given that I'm such a fan of most of the other blends I've tried from them.
Esoterica Margate and And So to Bed. Something just didn't set with me me on those from the first puff.
Dunhill Royal Yacht. Flat out gross.

theotherspace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 15, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Petersons Connoisseur's Choice, or anything with vanilla in it!
I'm not a fan of aromatics in general but the Peterson's made me a bit ill.. Guess I'm not a connoisseur!

smooth

Might Stick Around
Jan 10, 2012
What great fun it would be to have you folks send me all that hated tobacco so that I could try it. I would pay shipping, of course.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
bigvan

I am with you all though there is 2 otc blends I do like every now and then.

But Ill stick with premium grade tobaccos as they tend to use better tobaccos in general.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Only blend I was unable to get my self to like was Haunted Bookshop. I tried it several times but always put the pipe down after about 5 min.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
dhizzy: I'm surprised you didn't like Moontrance as it's gotten rave reviews from everyone within nose-shot for me. It's an OK smoke for the smoker, but a real crowd pleaser in my book.
igloo: I've found the vinegar smell to lessen for my 221b Honeydew. It doesn't bother me though, because I've grown used to McClelland blends having that scent to them.
-Jason

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Wow, surprised to see Margate listed here. I love it. ONe of my favorites.
As for h8ing a particular tobacco, I really didn't dig GL Pease Cumberland. The Virginias in it were OK, but the dark-fired Kentucky just made it harsh and unpleasant for my palate.
The only tobacco that I have honestly hated (and threw out) is McClelland's bulk "Special Black." It's a black cavendish tobacco with what I think is a vanilla/nut flavor. To me it tasted almost exactly like those incense sticks your hippie roommate burned in college -- all mushroomy and chemical-tasting. Yuk!

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Jason, yeah most everyone likes it, I just couldn't stand it. Honey Chocolate from MacBaren was just as bad too.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Ashton Winding Road and Kendall Cream Flake. Winding road gives me a headache and it's just a weird taste to me the Kendall burned the crap out of my nostrils... This is what my mystery blend jar is for :) from now on if I get something I don't like I'm going to trade it instead if I can.

burghbriar

Lurker
Jan 8, 2012
Borkum Riff Whiskey. Literally made me puke when I was a kid starting with a pipe and I can't even smell it now without my stomach involuntarily turning. It might have been the Nic hit at the time, but it still happens.
Cheap Tequila has the same Pavlovian effect, though that experience was a little later.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Borkum Riff is pretty bad but Stanwell Melange will ruin your day! :puffpipe:

ruffinogold

Lurker
Jul 4, 2012
Years ago I tried Exclusiv Sherry and Cherry .. OMG .. real bad for me . I've tried a number of GLP blends and though I dont hate them , I havent had one I've enjoyed yet . I like only one McCll blend , # 2000 Fragrant matured cake , the others I've tried have been a real drag for some reason . I cant do Lakeland blends and for the life of me cant figure why some people hate Aromatics and love Lakelands .. go figure .

Status
Not open for further replies.