PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Golden Sail, Carter Hall. I guess most drugstore blends. Although Captain Black has some pretty good reviews, and I have been smoking Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey as of recently (could be worse, but the bite is horrendous).
-Jim

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Balkan Sasieni...I know it's popular but i just can't tolerate it.
It's one of those "love it or hate it" tobaccos.
As for OTC I've only tried Velvet and PA and that was enough to form an impression of the category to stay away. At $11 a pouch here in AK, even the B&M bulks beat OTC with a stick, price- and taste-wise

xray

Might Stick Around
Oct 1, 2011
NJ
Originally posted by lordnoble

If you're talking about AROMA...
Armonia is a different tobacco.
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=A&TID=1752

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
frennchy11 said: Mac Baren VA no. 1. Well I like the taste of it a lot when it isn't destroying the inside of my mouth.
What frennchy11 said. I was hopeful about this blend too because I really enjoy VAs. But I found it un-smokeable and the flavor never did sit well with me.

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
1) None of them. Some folks just don't like them. I happen to love McClelland's Va's and Orientals.
2) I'm not a big fan of Lakeland's but they don't make me puke.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
What? No one has listed Captain Bob's Blend.... (YET!) I'm hoping none of you try it because I do not want to see it on this "bad-list"! But, I agree with "cajunguy" on Peterson Sherlock Holmes. Horrible!
P.S. If any of you do try CBB, just remember that I warned you... It is a light English with an aromatic. English aromatics are rare, indeed. And mine is even more rare in that the aromatic is grape! YOU WERE WARNED!!!
... But, I still want to be your friend...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Prince Albert and Royal Comfort, both are OTC blends, I couldn't smoke more than a bowl of each and felt puke.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
@Captin Bob, I'm going to add some CBB to my next TAD order, so will you please tell me your suggestions? My favourites are VA/PA and Latakia based blends that's not high in aromatics.

ruraldean

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2012
Condor is my tobacco to hate. Every now and again I'll re-try it, love the first bowl and practically heave at the second.

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
Definitely not hate, but I couldn't tolerate Grousemoor. The sweetness coated my sinuses and wouldn't go away. It's all good though, because Lawrence now has it, and I now have some Peterson Irish Oak. :D

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
Carter Hall. I made it through two bowls when I first bought the pouch a year and a half ago, and couldn't finish the third. I pull it out every now and then to try again and see if it's getting any better for me, or if I've changed in some way, but still haven't been able to finish a third bowl.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Have yet to find a tobacco that I cannot stand. There are a couple that I have tried but they are still enjoyable it really depends on my mood.

I'm sure with all of the options out there that I will eventually find one and when I do I'll look back on this thread and let it be known to all that such and such tobacco makes me sick!

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Borkum Riff. I started out with it when I first picked up the pipe 40+ years ago but I can't stand it now.

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
1Q or any other sauced prop glycol nasty greasy baccy. I tries to smoke a straight virginia once (once) luv the taste but the fire of hell entered my mouth. I can't ever imagine the thought of Prince Albert again. Oh these too, Cherry Blend, Burgandy,Mixture 79, Peach Brandy, Briggs,Walnut, Sugar Barrel,etc. I knew a piper that smoked straight Perique, if you can even imagine that!! One more, Bengal Slices. Taste is in the snork of the beholder :arrow:

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
So far i liked what i have smoked till date:

Savenelli Aroma

Mac Baren Navy flake

W.O.Larsen Signature mixture

C.Black. Hanymamdouh mixture

Davidoff Red mixture

Davidoff Royality

Amphora full aroma

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I had a very unpleasant response to Haddo's Delight.
Just tasted -- I dunno -- spoiled to me.
Chacun a son gout.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
C&Ds Mountain Camp--first C&D blend that i haven't liked AT ALL--
Star of the East, also C&D, isn't on my favored list either, but is acceptable--
(every thing else by C&D that i have tried has been top notch)
then of course Mixture 79--no need explain' which list it goes on--

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
As I mentioned in another thread...stay away from "herbal tobacco alternatives". I'd rather smoke something from the horse's stall.

Status
Not open for further replies.