Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
JPS Pipe Tobacco. As someone told me, it's not pipe tobacco. It was only labeled as such to circumvent legislation. Despite seeing my dad roll his cigarettes with this stuff, I got the bright idea to put it in my pipe. BAAAAAd idea. Don't do it. Unless, you're looking for real hardcore smoke.

clyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
Hard to evaluate a tobacco unless you smoke at least an ounce or more. At the same time there are two that I couldn't finish the first bowl. There are others that were close but these two are "NEVER AGAIN".
1.) Mixture 79

2.) Borkum Riff

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
Plumb pudding, chocolate cake, christmas cookies, along with any such aromatic that is heavily cased with perfume. Tastes like you are smoking a french whore. I like 1Q though and other light aromatics. I smoked a bowl full of bulk viginia once and had evil thoughts of what to do the people who subjected folks to this vile trickery. It was like I was being garotted by the sulfuric fumes of hell.

I think heavily cased aros are simply an attempt to pass this torcherous mess off as a smokeable tobacco.

irishflake

Might Stick Around
Jun 30, 2012
Michigan
Oh- someone mentioned 'B. Riff'

Haven't thought about that stuff in years.

Yes, that is the absolute worst thing on earth.

There is nothing worse. Maybe smoking the contents of the cat box.

Maybe.

OMG, why did they say that.
xmascatpetite.jpg

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
Hearth & Home Namaste' It was poo for me and I really dis like 1-Q weird I know.. McClelland's blends I like! I have a Newmenster English Lexus I got 4oz its going rough

joshy

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2011
I love MacB's Plum Cake, but I HATE the way it bites. I keep trying with it, and enjoy it very much but it's like having a sweet pitbull that happens to be bi-polar. Damn it can bite!
Other than that I've not really come across anything that I'd say I hated. Disliked, sure. (Super Value anyone?)

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
Almost every aromatic tobacco. I have yet to smoke one that made me want to buy more. Can't smoke email for the most part but I keep trying.

Aug 14, 2012
My favorite McClellends is Bombay Court. Very subtle and pleasing. One of my 5 favorites. But then I like Sherlock Holmes, which so many people hate. I don't hate any tobacco, but dislike the first blends that I tried, the ones sold at a cigarette counter.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
ok i hope ya'll stay in here for this one.
mixture79 and middleton apple were the worst i've smoked. aside from that i'm feeling like i should try a bunch more blends because i don't hate as many as you all seem to.
borkum riff - meh. i'd smoke it if i didn't have anything better around. funny, i thought this place was turning into a br lovefest round about the beginning of the year when i stopped coming here for a time.
carter hall - feel the same as i do about the borkum riff whiskey. i'd much rather smoke pa or sugarbarrel.
ok, now here's where i get apologetic:
i once said haddo's was a mess to smoke, with too many conflicting flavors. it's become one of my go-to's - even though i'm still convinced it's cased with grape soda. i find it hard to find fault with anything about this blend.
virginias and vapers - i find virginias in general to be cool smokes. maybe their flavor is more sip-inducing to me. i looooove perique - the more the better. love the spiciness.
macbaron's plumcake - yummy. if i'm gonna have latakia (not a great lat fan) this is my most preferred way of having it.
speaking of lats: about those frogs - i think they're fine. very innocuous, mild easy smokes. but frog morton on the bayou - where the heck is the perique? need more to my taste. i mean, i can taste it when sipping the pipe before i light it and then - nothing.
i think it's fascinating to hear all the differing opinions.

billm67

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Camp Hill, PA
Most anything from a Drug Store...but especially Palladin Cherry. Some one was talking about it on the forum here a while back so I picked some up to try it. Aweful! Tasted like is was soaked in chemicals. Couldn't even taste the tobacco. A buddy of mine gave me this blend called java....it was bad too! It tasted like you were smoking a used coffee filter full of grounds. Yuk.

Aug 14, 2012
I heard that Lane 1Q is the most popular tobacco in the USA, so I got some. It is my all time unfavorite. Sweet with no redeeming qualities.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Tinder Box Aalborg!!! An employee there recommended the tobacco and it never stayed lit!, gave me crazy tongue bite and the flavor was awful!

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I hate HH Old Dark Fired. This stuff is evil. Since I tried it, I want it everyday and it has caused an imbalance in my TAD ordering process. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.