PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Lane Limited: BC-A

For some odd reason, it tastes like a bowl full of soap to me. BTW anyone want to trade for some BC-A? ;)

lyle

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Des Moines, IA, USA
I can honestly say there hasn't been a blend yet that I really hated. The only tobacco that I didn't finish was a pouch of Captain Black Gold... didn't hate it, just got tired of that vanilla smell so I gave it away.
I've tried to blend some of my own from component tobaccos, and some of those results were pretty wretched... but those don't count, right? :)

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Well, I can't speak for McClelland because I haven't tried any of those yet, but I really dislike black cavendish. It can be fine with just a pinch in a blend, but that stuff straight, is just horrible to me. It's like smoking hot air.

brownbilliard

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2012
1792 flake. My god that stuff is wretched. Smells and tastes like manure. The only tin I have ever thrown away after smoking a few bowls. Any/all cherry flavored drug store tobaccos are equally vile. I love every Peretti blend I've tried except for their cuban mixture. The aroma reminds me of that elderly person smell. uuuugh :x

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I will state unequivocally that Holly's Non Plus Ultra is the worst tobacco I have ever smoked. It's like smoking perfume. It's not even in the Lakeland universe. It's in an awful universe all its own. I defy anyone to smoke a tin of it.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Another vote for Borkum Riff whiskey. Ack!
Also the modern rendition of PA after it's sat around for awhile. Tastes like an old cigarette ash tray. Though I can stomach it in a newly opened pouch.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
This thread is so funny in that everyone has different opinions on these blends.
For instance, two years ago, I wold have agreed that Old Dublin was the worst thing ever. Now, though, it's a decent blend. Not my favorite but it has it's place in my varied rotation. I also like 1792. OK, I may be a pervert. I'm OK with that. It's not something I smoke often because it's so strong in the Vitamin-N department, but it's a unique blend which is a nice change of pace.
What a great thread!
-Jason

popsmusix

Lurker
Feb 18, 2013
Escudo Navy Deluxe! I don't see what hype is about. It did not taste good at all to me. wasted $20 on 2 tins. It ended up in the trash. I hope this isn't to old a thread to post to, I just discovered it.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Escudo Navy Deluxe! I don't see what hype is about. It did not taste good at all to me. wasted $20 on 2 tins. It ended up in the trash. I hope this isn't to old a thread to post to, I just discovered it.
popsmusix! Don't throw anything away...one man's poison is another man's ambrosia. You could have traded those tins for something you like!

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Popsmusix OMG -- with due respect to your tastes, as flyguy said, most pipe smokers (myself included) would have been happy to take the Escudo off your hands for a trade or for a sale. Check out Briarbid.

surlysoul

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2013
I am with guitarguy, haven't had any I hate, but I do not enjoy black cavendish. With so many good tobaccos, life is to short to smoke that stuff.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
2 things shock me here:

1. How few people mentioned Captain Black Cherry. It's like drinking Kool-aid, vomiting it up on tobacco, and then smoking it. Worst. Smoke. Ever. I thought it would be hard to beat Paladin Cherry, but the good Captain figured out a way.

2. Sherlock Holmes? That stuff is great! I smoke that and drink Earl Grey tea with it and it's one of the best experiences I have. I can't wait until late at night when everyone is in bed so I can relax and smoke it.
I'm a little surprised at Frog Morton's too. I've never smoked it but I'm dying to try it. That and Hobbit's Weed I think are going to be in my next order. That is, if my wife lets me live after the last few orders I snuck past her....

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Alright. Time for my two cents:
I can't stand Squadron Leader or Black house. Call me crazy, but there is something in those tobacco's that leave a funny taste in my mouth. Might be the Turk leaf.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
1. How few people mentioned Captain Black Cherry. It's like drinking Kool-aid, vomiting it up on tobacco, and then smoking it. Worst. Smoke. Ever. I thought it would be hard to beat Paladin Cherry, but the good Captain figured out a way.
I'm a little surprised at Frog Morton's too. I've never smoked it but I'm dying to try it. That and Hobbit's Weed I think are going to be in my next order.
If you didn't like Paladin Black Cherry or Captain Black Cherry, you're probably not going to like Hobbit's Weed. It's a cherry aromatic. :)

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
I love the idea of a cherry aromatic. I just haven't found a ood one!

Status
Not open for further replies.